Anybody else self studying aat level 4

Hi, I am currently self studying level 4 and just sat my management accounts budgeting exam. I was hoping I could make some friends in the same boat as me and we can help each other study amd improve as right now I have nobody to go over things with.

Comments

• Debbiereynolds74
    Debbiereynolds74 Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    How did your exam go ? I did not finish mine - not sure why i am not quick enough? I know I can do everything it just seems to take me a long time ??
  • Tomal123
    Tomal123 Registered Posts: 7
    Hi, the exam wasn’t too bad, but yes I was extremely tight for time I only just finished using the full 2.5 hours, I avoided the written questions until I had done everything else, maybe that’s why you could not finish? Maybe you thought about the written questions for too long
  • livintiv
    livintiv Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    I'm pretty much self-studying - doing PLTX before starting on FSLC! B)
    MAAT - April 2022
    Currently working through ACCA
  • sophie_612
    sophie_612 Registered Posts: 136 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    im also self studying have my FSLC on tuesday then onto MADC :)
  • Tomal123
    Tomal123 Registered Posts: 7

im also self studying have my FSLC on tuesday then onto MADC :)

Nice I just started doing MADC today, it doesn't seem too bad
  • Debbiereynolds74
    I actually managed to pass with 73% on budgeting exam even though I didn’t finish. I am now studying financial statements- there seems to be a lot of information to remember ? does anyone have any useful acronyms Or mnemonics to help remember any of the definitions please ?
  • Debbiereynolds74
    Also any exam tips would be great, I always struggle with time so any strategies to help keep within the time frame would be greatly appreciated ?
  • Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I self studied all of Level 4 pretty much as my college was absolutely useless. I found a private AAT tutor just before sitting my last 2 exams (Auditing and Synoptic) and passed it all back in October 2019.

I have notes and help but based on the previous pre-release for Synoptic, NOT veggie delights however the questions in the exam are pretty much the same just on a different company.

Let me know if anyone wants any help:)

Thank you

Emma
  • sophie_612
    sophie_612 Registered Posts: 136 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    > @Emmalouise18 said:
    > I self studied all of Level 4 pretty much as my college was absolutely useless. I found a private AAT tutor just before sitting my last 2 exams (Auditing and Synoptic) and passed it all back in October 2019.
    >
    > I have notes and help but based on the previous pre-release for Synoptic, NOT veggie delights however the questions in the exam are pretty much the same just on a different company.
    >
    > Let me know if anyone wants any help:)
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Emma

I’d love any help to notes that you can give please I’m onto second attempt of MADC then have business tax and synoptic left still awaiting results of FSLC!
  • 350b
    350b Registered Posts: 16
    @Emmalouise18 Hello Emma,
    I hope you are well, I would appreciate any notes you have.

Thank you for being a help to the community.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT (level 2, 3, 4 completed in 364 days in total)
    ACA in progress

Proud self studier.
    Self definition: a person's essential being that distinguishes them from others, especially considered as the object of introspection or reflexive action.
    Studier definiton: person engaged in or dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge
  • Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉

> @Emmalouise18 said:
    > I self studied all of Level 4 pretty much as my college was absolutely useless. I found a private AAT tutor just before sitting my last 2 exams (Auditing and Synoptic) and passed it all back in October 2019.
    >
    > I have notes and help but based on the previous pre-release for Synoptic, NOT veggie delights however the questions in the exam are pretty much the same just on a different company.
    >
    > Let me know if anyone wants any help:)
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Emma

I’d love any help to notes that you can give please I’m onto second attempt of MADC then have business tax and synoptic left still awaiting results of FSLC!

350b said:

@Emmalouise18 Hello Emma,
    I hope you are well, I would appreciate any notes you have.

Thank you for being a help to the community.

Ive messaged you both x
  • Biscuit
    Biscuit Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸

Also any exam tips would be great, I always struggle with time so any strategies to help keep within the time frame would be greatly appreciated ?

Hello @Debbiereynolds74,
    I'm studying via Distance Learning; the practice exams and AAT practice exams all follow the same format as the real exams. I've found a helpful way to manage my time in exams is to establish which questions are going to be the easiest / quickest to tackle, so get these done out of the way first. This then leaves you with time to focus on the harder questions - for me, these are the written questions. So instead of doing the questions numerically one after the other, it might be that completing the questions out of order might be a more efficient use of time.

Hope this helps,
Privacy Policy