Has anyone sat the AVSY synoptic paper recently?

GKS
GKS Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
I am practicing the mock papers in the books and online however cant seem to finish my Spreadsheet section and run out of time… in the exam do they ask as much as they do in the Kaplan mock/practice questions… any advice would be helpful. My exam is next week ??

Comments

• Krisso
    Krisso Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I’m doing mine Monday but assume it is the same as the AAT mock on the portal so approx 8 parts to the 2 questions.
  • GKS
    Hello Krisso, thanks for your reply. I have only done the Kaplan sample/mock papers yet and found I ran out of time. I have done an AAT sample paper this afterNoon and found that much better. Good luck in your exam ??
  • Miru
    Miru Registered Posts: 1
    edited July 2021
    I had my exam in May. I can tell Kaplan mock is not good ? the real exam was very similar to practice assessments I would say.
  • GKS
    Thanks Miru ??
  • Krisso
    Krisso Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Can confirm the same as Miru, it was exactly the same to the practice assessments. Good luck with your exam
  • GKS
    Thanks ?
  • Jessl_t
    Jessl_t Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    edited July 2021
    I sat my Synoptic exam the other week. Use the AAT mock exams (both the excel and synoptic section) as these are very similar as to what you’ll have in the actual exam. (Also, do note that the excel part is two sections - I stupidly thought it was just one initially!)

Regarding Excel, if you use the mock exams you will be able to see what types of formulas you’ll need to memorise (such as VLookup, pivot tables etc). I practiced with the AAT mocks and the Kaplan books which give you additional exercises.

My recommendation however is make sure you practice for the written tasks in the first part of the exam. This ate up most of my time and unfortunately meant I couldn’t go back to check my answers. Again, look at the mock to see what you need to revise.
  • GKS
    Thanks Jessl_t
    I sat my exam last week and had practiced the AAT sample papers thoroughly and sometimes forget to revise for other areas in the syllabus.
    Fingers crossed ?for results in August.
    Good luck for your results too.
Privacy Policy