SWOT Analysis in Veggie Delights scenario?

thelowendtheory18
thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I believe AAT are not including SWOT Analysis questions in the veggie delights level 4 synoptic exam ....... can anyone confirm this?
AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21

Comments

• Mewmoon
    Mewmoon Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Hi, I’ve just taken the exam and can confirm they are still including the SWOT analysis
  • LSmithYorkshire
    LSmithYorkshire Registered Posts: 18
    Mewmoon said:

Hi, I’ve just taken the exam and can confirm they are still including the SWOT analysis

yeah they were when i did mine back in May, how did you find the rest of the exam? or any questions you thought you struggled with?
  • Mewmoon
    Definitely one of the hardest exams I’ve done so far. Majority of the questions seemed to be similar to the mock exam but one question stumped me. A lot of preparation is definitely needed and looking back now I should have referenced the case study more.

How did you find it? Do you get your results soon?
  • LSmithYorkshire
    @Mewmoon yeah same when I did it, I failed by one mark, so just waiting to go back In for it, I messed up the make a decision question (think it was question two) then the question 4 I think I made errors, they were on job segregation if I remember rightly
  • thelowendtheory18
    I took my exam yesterday... very tough and I was stumped on one of the questions in the cost benefit task.... we'll see but I'm not expecting to pass...
    AAT

• LSmithYorkshire
    @thelowendtheory18 fingers crossed for you; I can’t remember what the question was now for mine, but as long as you are rational you should get marks
  • thelowendtheory18
    > @LSmithYorkshire said:
    > @thelowendtheory18 fingers crossed for you; I can’t remember what the question was now for mine, but as long as you are rational you should get marks

Finger crossed... I just want it done now..lol

The best of luck to you!!!
    AAT

• Mewmoon
    Hi all, got my results. Gutted got 69% how did you fare? Has anyone appealed and got any success?
  • LSmithYorkshire
    @Mewmoon i also got my results back today, 69% for me too, for the second time,
    Met
    Met
    Below
    Boarderline
    Met
    Met

Bit annoyed really, I’m going to try again next week
  • Alsa
    Alsa Registered Posts: 43
    Mewmoon said:

Hi all, got my results. Gutted got 69% how did you fare? Has anyone appealed and got any success?

Today, i get result 63%.
    I am very very confused, i prepare very well for this exam.
    I do not know how to do again.
  • thelowendtheory18
    Wow..I'm pretty shocked... passed my synoptic first time with 76%!!!! Really pleased.... it's only that pesky Decision and control exam that I tripped up on... with a result of 69%..lol
    AAT

• thelowendtheory18
    Keep going of those that didn pass This time around...and if you have 69% defo appeal it. .You have nothing to lose.....I appealed my D&C exam as I had 69% but there isn't that many written questions that are open to interpretation..... but in the synoptic it's mostly written so may be successful in appealing the result
    AAT

• thelowendtheory18
    Looking more closely at my result is very interesting

Task 1 exceeded
    Task 2 exceeded
    Task 3 below requirement
    Task 4 below requirement
    Task 5 exceeded
    Task 6 (dreaded SWOT) Met

It's really important to try and take maximum marks on task 1 & 5... that's what I focused alot on and it seems to have paid of...
    AAT

• Mewmoon
    @thelowendtheory18 Well done on your pass! And thank you for your encouraging words. Did you manage to get your marks changed for the D&C?

My results were:

Task 1 exceeded
    Task 2 significantly below
    Task 3 met
    Task 4 below req
    Task 5 exceeded
    Task 6 below req

I quite surprised with task 6 I expected at least a met grade ?‍♀️

@LSmithYorkshire good luck for next week ☘️ Let us know how you get on. I’ve booked my exam for 20th sept.

@Alsa. Try and not get too defeated by it. I would look at your results and concentrate on your weakest areas. Keep trying and it be worth it in the end ?
  • Mewmoon
    Sorry I lie ..
    Task 1 exceeded
    Task 3 met
    Task 4 borderline
    Task 5 exceeded
    Task 6 borderline
  • thelowendtheory18
    > @Mewmoon said:
    > @thelowendtheory18 Well done on your pass! And thank you for your encouraging words. Did you manage to get your marks changed for the D&C?
    >
    > My results were:
    >
    > Task 1 exceeded
    > Task 2 significantly below
    > Task 3 met
    > Task 4 below req
    > Task 5 exceeded
    > Task 6 below req
    >
    > I quite surprised with task 6 I expected at least a met grade ?‍♀️
    >
    > @LSmithYorkshire good luck for next week ☘️ Let us know how you get on. I’ve booked my exam for 20th sept.
    >
    > @Alsa. Try and not get too defeated by it. I would look at your results and concentrate on your weakest areas. Keep trying and it be worth it in the end ?

I was unsuccessful in appealing the D&C result..... but I really would urge you to appeal your result as there are some many written questions (much more than the D&C exam)
    AAT

• Alsa
    Mewmoon said:

@thelowendtheory18 Well done on your pass! And thank you for your encouraging words. Did you manage to get your marks changed for the D&C?

My results were:

Task 1 exceeded
    Task 3 met
    Task 4 below req
    Task 5 exceeded
    Task 6 below req

I quite surprised with task 6 I expected at least a met grade ?‍♀️

@LSmithYorkshire good luck for next week ☘️ Let us know how you get on. I’ve booked my exam for 20th sept.

@Alsa. Try and not get too defeated by it. I would look at your results and concentrate on your weakest areas. Keep trying and it be worth it in the end ?

Thank you!
    I decide to book the synoptic assessment on September, too.
  • annamiki
    annamiki Registered Posts: 6
    Hi there:)
    Can I get know, how did you @thelowendtheory18 prepare to synoptics-hich books did you use, any course taken? I have attempted twice (64%, 61%). Do not know how to improve my scores..?
  • annamiki
    I am self studying
  • thelowendtheory18
    @annamiki I'll used Kaplan text books and exam kit and studied on demand at home.. how did you do in tasks 2 & 5?? In my opinion you need to get close to 100% on these tasks to give yourself a good chance of passing
    AAT

• annamiki
    My results are not impresing:1Met, 2Below, 3Met, 4Border, 5Met, 6Below?Do not know how to get 100% in tasks 2&5-any idea please..?
    Do not know how to get Exceed at all. I was using BPP text book, question bank and Osborne workbook. Maybe should try with Kaplan..?
  • annamiki
    What about pre-released scenario- no idea in which task should relate to it- in 5 or 6..?
  • thelowendtheory18
    Very sorry..I meant to say task 1 & 5... there are no written elements to these questions and with practice you should am to pick up at least 90% of the marks on these tasks
    AAT

• LSmithYorkshire
    To get exceeded in any of the areas you need to get 14/15 out of 15 or 10/10 in the others. I’ve found on question 5 even without knowing the ratios you can pretty much work them out anyway. Question 3/4 is where I have fallen down
  • annamiki
    Ok. I need more practice on these tasks..
    Sorry, last question:)- did you relate to pre-released scenario (Veggie Delights) in task 6?
    Sorry to bother you..
  • LSmithYorkshire
    I had a swot based analysis, which it tells you everything in the task, but if you get the other type of question you can, I throw in that they’re rapidly growing business so controls will need to be in place
  • annamiki
    Thank you very much for your help:)
  • LSmithYorkshire
    Hi all

After failing by 1 mark twice, I have finally passed it with 80%. I think question 3 is still the hardest as I’ve been significantly below everytime on this one! But gained exceeded on 4 of the other 5 tasks. Good luck to you guys when you sit :)
  • Alsa

Hi all

After failing by 1 mark twice, I have finally passed it with 80%. I think question 3 is still the hardest as I’ve been significantly below everytime on this one! But gained exceeded on 4 of the other 5 tasks. Good luck to you guys when you sit :)

Congratulations!
    I failed again with score 69%.
    Task 2, i thought i did it better than last assessment, but finally, below borderline, I am very confused now.
    Task 3, i prepared lots of practices, and same below borderline.
    I lose all my confidences now.
    I really want to give up.
    Can you give me some advices?
  • LSmithYorkshire
    @Alsa just don’t give up, I’d book the exam again straight away and get straight back on with the revision! You can do it! One mark is nothing and I thought of it like on another day that could easily be a pass :)
Privacy Policy