New level 3 synoptic

Kosi
Kosi Registered Posts: 6
Please have anyone here sat for the new level 3 synoptic exam. If yes how was it. Is it similar to the mock ones on the Aat website.

Comments

• Jay36598
    Jay36598 Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    @Kosi – Yes, I sat my L3 Synoptic in the frist sitting new "ADSY" in Sep 2021.

In its format, the actual synoptic assessment is exactly like the two AAT Learning Portal examplar practice assessments. No surprises whatsoever.

The only different is that "SPSH" is now a separate assessment altogether, which is how it should always have been. It is really well organised and straightforward and after L2 UACS, the easiest one to take if you've done your Spreadsheets practice well.

AAT Student Member, 2021
    L2 (93%), L3 (90%), L4 (on-going)
  • PhilJRoo76
    PhilJRoo76 Registered Posts: 30 Regular contributor ⭐
    Not sat my Synoptics yet. Doing it this coming Thursday (11th). Kind of glad the spreadsheet bit is separate now as well, can concentrate for the next few days on revising AVBK and FAPR for related questions in the synoptics. Got the SPSH exam then on the 25th November.
  • Louise3
    Louise3 Registered Posts: 2
    Hi, I am sitting my synoptic on Friday. I did both of the papers on the portal and just want to check that the drop down information you can access in the test on the portal regarding ethics is definitely in the actual live test. Just wanting to know so I can focus this week on revising applying ethical principles as opposed to learning the definitions etc off by heart.
    Thanks
  • PhilJRoo76
    PhilJRoo76 Registered Posts: 30 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Louise3. From my revision too, the questions appear to focus on applying the ethical principles with the drop down menus, but don't jinx yourself, maybe learn the definitions as well. I am more now, just in case it comes up on a question Thursday.
  • Annaoj90
    Annaoj90 Registered Posts: 16
    Hi I sat my new synoptic in September. It is very similar to practice assessment from AAT website, the same structure. I’ve passed it, had my results after 6 weeks and sat my spreadsheet exam which was based on formulas and excel knowledge only. I’ve passed this one too and level 3 has been completed to me. Good luck to all!!!
  • JessRound
    JessRound Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Hi, yes, I was originally meant to sit the old Level 3 Synoptic in the summer however I caught COVID and was force to sit the new version in September. It is now in two parts as I am sure you know, one section which is testing your knowledge on all sections and then there are written questions and the second section is the spreadsheets. I passed the spreadsheets however failed the first section. It is hard however I feel like I passed the spreadsheets because it was split up, if they were together I would imagine it was a lot harder!
  • RobynEd6
    RobynEd6 Registered Posts: 2
    Hey, So I am retaking the exam this month as unfortunately I failed in November. I am trying to remember what questions came up so I can revise more in them areas. I seemed to have struggled with Task 3 and 5 Anything anyone could recommend when revising?
  • Annaoj90
    Annaoj90 Registered Posts: 16
    Limiting factors, limited company and partnerships, try to review this area carefully. I have resit my synoptic and In both exams I had few questions about the above topics
  • Kosi
    Kosi Registered Posts: 6
    > @RobynEd6 said:
    > Hey, So I am retaking the exam this month as unfortunately I failed in November. I am trying to remember what questions came up so I can revise more in them areas. I seemed to have struggled with Task 3 and 5 Anything anyone could recommend when revising?

Same here, I am retaking mine again
Privacy Policy