Home Groups ATT to CTA

Studying for Nov

BeccaLouJ9BeccaLouJ9 Experienced MentorDevonFMAAT Posts: 1,022
So, who is starting study soon, for November? I have got my study plan worked out to start July 1st, but I want to start now!! :) GEEK!

Anyone doing Advisory individuals this November?

B xxx

Comments

• MarieNoelleMarieNoelle Trusted Regular Hampshire/Surrey borderModerator, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,432
    Just started on the awareness paper and I have my first mock on the 23rd July :o
  • BeccaLouJ9BeccaLouJ9 Experienced Mentor DevonFMAAT Posts: 1,022
    Hey, that's an early mock. (You know you can move the dates around on the corres course..!?)

I think my first is 6th August... so whole of July for personal tax and the second one is 7th Sept so another month for the CGT side. Then September and October for revision! :) Last mock at the end of Sept.

Which three are you doing for AW? I'm sure you've told me... I found it very heavy on material. Sooo much to learn for 12 multiple choice questions on each topic!! But I really liked IHT by the end.

Enjoy!

B xxx
  • MarieNoelleMarieNoelle Trusted Regular Hampshire/Surrey borderModerator, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,432
    I am doing AW VAT, CT and IHT - same as you if I recall. So far the VAT is quite similar to the VAT studied for ATT paper Business compliance but the chapters seem to cover more details. I will see how it goes and may ask for an extension (although I am going away for 2 weeks in August so would like to have one mock out of the way!).
    In the real exam, how does the marking system work? do you have to get 50% overall or 50% in each module?

Good luck with the ADV revisions!
    :)
    I'm pretty sure it is 50% overall. That's what I'm hoping because I'm pretty sure I got only maybe 20% on the CT part of it!!! I'm hoping for higher than 50% in the VAT section because I did that exam for ATT but it was really hard so I'm not actually expecting to pass at all!!

So we may be studying it together come July! :)

B xx
    MarieNoelle
    I've booked my ADV IND exam for November! :)

Exciting!

B x
    MarieNoelle

Just started on the awareness paper and I have my first mock on the 23rd July :o

@MarieNoelle I know it was a while ago, but how did the mock go? Did you do it in the end or move it back?

I have my second one due in a couple of weeks on the CGT side of the unit. I'm enjoying it more than the first half, although I'm only about a 3rd of the way through the text! :)

Hope the study is going well.

B xxx
    @MarieNoelle How is the study for AW going?

I am having a bit of trouble with ADV IND. It just doesn't seem to be going in... There is so much information. I am not very good at remembering things so with this volume of info I am not confident for the exam!

Going to attempt the second Mock this afternoon. Been on the texts for 3 hours now so having a breakfast break and then back to it! :)

What a way to spend a bank hol weekend hey! :)

B xxx
    Hi @BeccaLouJ9 yes managed to hand in the mock before going away and scored well - but it seems such a long time ago since I last opened my books so I need to start again asap (2nd mock due end of september) - luckily the children are back at school tomorrow so I should have a bit more time!
    Hi @MarieNoelle

How is it going?

I'm finding it really difficult to remember everything. I am not sure this exam is going to go well! Both my mocks have been passes but not great ones, although the mock I am doing now seems a bit easier, so fingers crossed!

Are you ready for Nov? :)
    xxx
  • BrNorton007BrNorton007 Registered Posts: 2
    edited November 6
    Interesting, thanks