Anyone else booked up for Nov yet?
    @KernowAccountant @MarieNoelle

B xxx

Of course! A good two or three weeks ago #keen

• BeccaLouJ9BeccaLouJ9 Experienced Mentor DevonRegistered Posts: 1,022
    #cooldude

:)
    Becca Jones CTA MAAT ATT :)

• MarieNoelleMarieNoelle Trusted Regular Hampshire/Surrey borderModerator, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,360
    We have until the end of the month to register right???? :o
    Yeh, don't worry! 31st is the deadline, and even then you can apply late for a fee! :)

If I book it, then I have something to aim for.. a concrete deadline! I can't put it off until next year now!

B xxx

MarieNoelle
  • MarieNoelleMarieNoelle Trusted Regular Hampshire/Surrey borderModerator, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,360
    I registered today :o
    BeccaLouJ9
    Not long now. Less than 5 weeks :)

Ready?
    XXX

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Haha yes you are. :) xxx

Countdown is really on now. :)

Having trouble with Partnership CGT at the mo. Just can't get my head around it. Even though it is so well laid out in SP D12.

Need to brush up on the overseas stuff too, because I know it is in the pre-revision mock I am attempting tonight and just can't remember anything!! :) I didn't think it was in the OMB syllabus? It might be in the APP I suppose.

Anywho, good luck with revision!

B xxx

Ah just finished the APP pre revision mock. Yes quite a bit on domicile and remittance basis stuff. I had about 10 minutes left so just talked non sense! I guess it is in the ADV IND syllabus so examinable at application level. So much to remember!

Just received more revision QB today. That should keep me busy for the next few weeks.
    BeccaLouJ9
    How are you revising the law element? I don't have the manual anymore because I did law back when I did ATT. It would be out of date now even if I did have it, are we expected to purchase a new one just for the APP paper?
    B x

I kept the one from att but I haven't used it really. I have looked at the memory joggers provided by Tolleys which covers the more popular topics.
    Do you think they sell the memory joggers for law separately? If so do you think it worth buying them with only 3 weeks to go?
    B x

Have you guys had the exam details email yet?

It's usually 3 weeks before the exam, but I haven't had one yet.

3 Weeks!!! :)

B xxx

No nothing yet.
    Ah just received it.
    Exciting!! :)
    B xxx

Exciting!! :)

That's one way to put it. Scary i'd say!
    FYI - Candidate instructions for the CTA exams.

The CIOT are undertaking a scheme to scan the exam scripts of Advisory Individuals, VAT on Cross-Border Transactions & Customs Duties and Advanced Corporation Tax, Application and Interaction and Awareness for the November 2016 sitting.

Those of you who are taking these papers will notice that your answer booklet looks different to the Advisory Owner Managed Businesses, VAT on UK Domestic Transactions, IPT & SDLT and Inheritance Tax, Trusts & Estates answer booklets. These answer booklets are printed on blue paper and will be pre-populated with your candidate number and date of the examination and will contain a barcode which will be used to identify each individual script. There will be no loose leaf paper allowed so if you require more paper you will be given a second answer booklet.
    Yeh I know I've asked my tutor about it. How are we going to put the appendices in the right place and order different bits? xxx

MarieNoelle
    When I attended the webinar on APP the tutor said we could attach our plan if we ran out of time (marked clearly as "plan") and the examiner may allocate a few more marks at his discretion.
    Now this won't be an option anymore. :/
    I tend to write my appendices as I go along, so they will be all out of sync and in the middle of the report.

My BPP tutor advised to start the appendices half way through the answer booklet, or even in a new one?!

Not sure how it will work yet.

She also said that it doesn't matter if the appendices are in the middle of the report, the marker is fine with that.

B xxx

I will ask for 3 or 4 booklets ;)
    Excellent idea! :)

Taking a break from revision. So I look to my right and what do I find on my kitchen counter... a 'Simply Christmas' magazine, just waiting there for me to read!! :)

If I talk Christmas here then @mrme89 can't see and get all humbug! :tongue:

Hopefully revision is going ok for everyone. I know it is difficult, but we can do it!

I just attempted the May 16 APP paper. It was quite nice, apart from 19 marks for IHT- which I just don't think I know that much about!!

Happy revision everyone xxx @MarieNoelle @KernowAccountant I have chocolate, cake and cookies here if anyone needs a virtual revision treat? :)

MarieNoelle
    I need more than virtual treats!
    Sorry, but you live a little far away for me to bring you actual cookies! :)
    xxx

WHAT? Christmas shopping in October!!!! It's not allowed!!!!
    BeccaLouJ9
    I'm nearly done. Just got a couple of things left to get :) xx

mrme89
    LA LA LA LA LA LA (fingers in the ears not listening)
    BeccaLouJ9
    I don't know what the Trafford Centre is, but Christmas eve is for going to bed early so that Santa gets there quicker! :)

So excited now! 51 days! :)

The exams were much better than expected, nothing too bad in them... we shall see if I still think the same come the results at the end of January! :)

Well done everyone! We are superstars- and have no more exams to do!!!!
    xxx