AAT Level 4 Synoptic Exam

Comments

• Vilma
    Vilma Registered Posts: 11
    The eight edition – (it will be similar to your) Part 3, 4 and 5 are quite useful for the synoptic (my opinion) – The whole book is very useful but is thick (not time enough) I am revising this parts and the whole scenario from the synoptic gives more sense.
  • Vilma
    The eight edition – (it will be similar to your) Part 3, 4 and 5 are quite useful for the synoptic – The whole book is very useful but is thick (not time enough) I am revising this parts and the whole scenario from the synoptic gives more sense.
  • Multiplicator
    Multiplicator Registered Posts: 116
    //For instance if I get this Colin Drury book, what is the most effective way to extract information from it?//

there are books on how adults learn - I only did one and found there are 'different pattens' for different people and they find out which is best for them.

a little and often seems to be the norm. - rest after an hour. I try to do a bit every day
    copying out lectures is known not to be that useful
    doing the exercises at the end IS useful - Colin Drury has quite a few
    discussing the chapters with other readers may be useful - but you have to be at college for that
    with worked examples I cover up the answers and try them myself
    read a chapter then sum if up on a side of A4 and the re read the chapter - this is terribly hard work in real life

https://www.le.ac.uk/users/rjm1/etutor/introduction/howadultslearn.html

is all about I can find at short notice

and have I said - Good Luck retakers !
  • Lindi
    Lindi Registered Posts: 166
    @Multiplicator - that is an interesting read, and I can relate to a lot of it. Perhaps I should change my state of mind to a "hungry" state of mind rather than being "satisfied with gluttony" as often I skim over things I'm confident with thinking I've exhausted a piece of text/subject matter when in actual fact perhaps my mind is overconfident in being satisfied, if I were to look at a piece of text with a hungry or eager mind set there may be further information to be learnt yet.
    But this could be easier said than done, there's only one way to find out if this is possible - physical experiment.

Good luck to everyone retaking their synoptic next week!
  • 93jw11
    93jw11 Registered Posts: 20
    I'm really struggling with task 2 and the planning assumptions etc.

Could anyone reccomend some good study material or tips they've learnt to get there head around it all?

Thank you
  • sophiemossop
    sophiemossop Registered Posts: 5
    Has anyone else had to pay for another years membership just to be able to take the synoptic again? Think it's ridiculous I don't need a whole years membership just for one exam
  • unicorn1905
    unicorn1905 Registered Posts: 47
    @sophiemossop when is your membership up?
  • Vilma
    I have paid the membership to be able to present me on the synoptic.
  • jfrecker
    jfrecker Registered Posts: 24
    Yes I had to pay a full year again just for one exam too
  • rabbia
    rabbia Registered Posts: 19
    I also paid £92 just for one exam. Sitting 3rd time on next Friday. Synoptic synoptic synoptic........
  • Multiplicator
    Multiplicator Registered Posts: 116
    Hi Lindi - try googling psychology of study
    and a lot comes up

http://www.apa.org/gradpsych/2011/11/study-smart.aspx

more of the same - short periods of the same - mix subjects -
    they were saying this fifty years ago. good advice here - and remember dont spend too much time studying how to study
    The one I was thinking of CA Mace - The psychology of study Pelican ::
    The Psychology of Study (Pelican) Paperback – 26 Jul 1973
    by C. A. Mace (Author)
    3.3 out of 5 stars 3 customer reviews
    See all formats and editions
    Paperback - - available at 0.01p - reviews not that good ( first ed 1932 - this ed which I have 1968)
  • Vilma
    For revising task 2 - The famous Colin Drury book - part 4 Information for planning, control and performance measurement and also the student manual questions to chapter 15 (The budgeting process)
    I hope this helps.
  • lewlewlive
    lewlewlive Registered Posts: 4
    edited September 2017
    If someone takes the exam tomorrow can they please confirm whether Q1 is now worth 20 marks and Q4 worth 15 marks like the updated past papers online.

If this is the case I think it's a strong argument that everyone's previous results should reflect this change. It may be that extra 1-3% that some people need.
  • unicorn1905
    Yes, anyone sitting today could you please confirm what @lewlewlive asked also anything else helpful please!!!
  • MissHermansen
    MissHermansen Registered Posts: 103
    Good luck to anyone sitting today. Let us know how you get on x
  • sjd85
    sjd85 Registered Posts: 2

If someone takes the exam tomorrow can they please confirm whether Q1 is now worth 20 marks and Q4 worth 15 marks like the updated past papers online.

If this is the case I think it's a strong argument that everyone's previous results should reflect this change. It may be that extra 1-3% that some people need.

I took the exam this morning and Q1 was indeed 20 marks and Q4 was 15 marks!
  • unicorn1905
    @sjd85 thanks for that. Can you confirm it was similar to last time, no surprises?! I know you aren't allowed to say actually content but just would like your view. I resit on Wednesday and starting to panic!
  • rabbia
    Is it similar to online one? Difficult? Easy as compare to previous one ? Any change of questions??
  • Lindi
    @marialucas I will be watching for your results in 6 weeks as it sounds like you have understood enough to pass, they will have a lot to answer for if they fail you this time! Thank you for your useful comments, all exams will probably be slightly different but they will all follow the same concepts. THANK YOU good luck
  • rabbia
    Thankz marialucas. That's really helpful. My exam is on Friday 3rd attempt. Really worried now. All of my level 2,3,and 4 exam pass in distinction but this one don't know wt to do. Thankz again for feedback.
  • unicorn1905
    @marialucas thank you! Very helpful.
  • unicorn1905
    Can someone help me please.....
    Online practice assessment 2, q1.2 the budgeting question. In the model answers it says that this budget is a top-down approach, I have looked through the question and can't see where they get this from?! Am I totally missing something?!
  • marialucas
    marialucas Registered Posts: 49
    Don't forget about other facts to consider when continuing or discontinuing a product.
    Always if you can, support your answers with sustainable and ethical principles , so important!

Hope we all do alright! Good luck :)
  • Lindi
    @unicorn1905 is it something to do with the bonus Merville was promised based on their report results? Look at the last sentence in the popup Company Background Part 2 on the right
  • Lindi
    @unicorn1905 Could also relate to the given information that poor planning caused additional unforeseen overtime costs - this could have been prevented if inputs from decentralised or managers lower down were considered in budget setting as they may have put something in place for situations like these, ie. surge in sales. And an increase in volume was expected as sales price has dropped - so if I was the production manager, involved in budget setting and you were to tell me you're dropping the sales price the first thing I would point out is we need to allow for more skilled labour/on-site staff training/make an allowance for overtime should the sales increase rapidly.....
  • unicorn1905
    @Lindi thank you but the bonus relates to Practice Assessment 1, I was looking at Practice Assessment 2. I just really can't see how they work that out?!
    I'm thinking if I can't see it on these, how am I going to work it out on live assessment?
  • Lindi
    I've just logged into AAT and chosen practice assessment 2 and once it's open it is actually called practice assessment 2 NEW - are you on the right one? I found I needed to open it in a new browser to my normal one, and log in afresh to access the amended assessment.

• Lindi
    @unicorn1905 don't panic. If you get to the live assessment, take a minute extra to read through the info they give - after all it is a puzzle and they've hidden the clues. If you panic you'll get flustered and your mind will be all over the place.
  • unicorn1905
    @Lindi thank you, just looked and company background part 2 is same on both assessments!
    I understand all you said, it is like a puzzle isn't it. There just isn't lots of time to go hunting for clues when your in there is there?
    I'll just try and keep calm and do my best.....second time lucky hopefully
Privacy Policy