HMRC Error Message

claudialowe
claudialowe Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
I have just tried to log in and get the following message:

"The runtime service cannot communicate with the entitlement service"

Is this a polite way of saying that their system is b*ggered, or has something happened to my computer?

Last tax return filed at 7pm last night, and confirmation email received at 1.32this morning, so I am going to spend today sorting out my office, and finding good reasons not to do my filing!!!!

Claudia

Comments

• shaxxa
    shaxxa Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    And relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!! :001_tt2:
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    I posted my last one online last night as well

I have a last minute dot com manual submission to do and I am trying to save him the Β£100.

Do you know what time the tax offices actually shut, it it 5pm?

P
  • claudialowe
    Somewhere in the bowels of their website is a list of the offices and the times that they close this evening, and whether there is a drop off box or not.

However, you will NOT get a receipt for any dropped off by hand.... I would still go for submitting online if at all possible.

Claudia
  • claudialowe
    I have just checked on Accounting Web, and the error message means that the system is in total meltdown!

Just spoken to a client's wife who's husband has been holding for "payments" section for over an hour....... and they wanted to know whether this was normal or not..... Oh yes, and keep on going...

Claudia
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Somewhere in the bowels of their website is a list of the offices and the times that they close this evening, and whether there is a drop off box or not.

However, you will NOT get a receipt for any dropped off by hand.... I would still go for submitting online if at all possible.

Claudia

Online would be lovely - but surprise surprise I've been trying all morning and can't get on the website. Saw on accounting web that they will accept stuff on Friday online and anything up to Monday morning in the post box at the revenue but no one at the revenue would confirm or deny!
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Just spoke to a colleague who is having the same problems.

Now feeling very pleased that I use PTP. 5 returns submitted so far today without a hitch!

:thumbup1:
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    Now feeling very pleased that I use PTP. 5 returns submitted so far today without a hitch!

:thumbup1:

Literally just done 3 with taxcalc :thumbup1:

Regards

Dean
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I tried for ages to get onto the website this morning and eventually did when I clicked on the 'PAYE Online' link on the homepage rather than self assessment. I don't know if that was co-incidence that I got on then, but it might be worth a try. I'm completing my last return right now, so it is still working - just needs a lot of persistence!
  • claudialowe
    PAYE is where I am trying to get to - as I want to check for any coding notifications.......

Claudia
  • Poodle
    Have you seen this?

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/online/sa.htm

Poodle

PS I use sage and thats fine too
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    Also, the call centres aren't answering calls :001_rolleyes:

Regards

Dean
  • Poodle
    Well I have had enough now,

My las TR clients data base is in such a mess that we have both decided that we will call it a day, resolved in the fact that Mr Darling will be Β£100 better off.

I will do the accounts, TR and voluntary VAT error declaration next week:thumbup:

I am now off for some well earned retail therapy, to spend the profits:001_tt1:

Poodle
  • Nich
    Nich Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor ⭐
    Anyone in a panic may be interested in this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7219718.stm

Deadline is now midnight Friday
Privacy Policy