Student in a muddle

kazsamx
kazsamx Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
:ohmy:::ohmy:
Since I put my name down to do the FRA exam, all the learning I have done thus far seems to be going out of the window. I am sure its because I am starting to panic alittle, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can put this away so I can study properly. I even started doing yoga/Pilates to help....to no avail

Comments

• Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    I find Bachs Rescue Remedy works well for me in stressful situations! Half the class were on it when we were taking exams :lol: I also tell myself not to panic, take a few deep breaths etc etc

Try it and then set about some revising. Once you are relaxed everything should come back to you. Don't try too much - couple of hours max and then a break. If you can't do even that long, short sharp periods of revision are better than none.

Be warned though, my daughter took it before her driving test and it made her quite giddy!
  • jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Make sure to get a gd nights sleep. I take Kalms night for this I dont take them all the time just when I need a really good nights sleep.

I also dont revise everyday. I take a break as you can overload your brain and that is when panic sets in as you have described. Take a day off go shopping with friends or just stay in and watch vids. WHen you come back to do a practice paper calm you will be amazed at how much you know and can recall.

:thumbup1:
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    This is all really great advice.

When I find things getting on top of me. I write a schedule out of what I want to study and when.

Make sure you include some "me/pub" time in your schedule as a good study session always deserves a treat in return.

Try not to panic. Remember you are already half way through and on the homeward journey to those letters are your name.

Tell yourself you are a great and can achieve whatever you want.

There is a great book called "What to say when you talk to yourself" by Shad Helmstetter. This book is not expensive and when you read it, it will really boost your confidence.

Best of luck. (Well you won't need luck, because you are going to be fine.)

Speegs
  • Gracie
    Gracie Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    morning

try getting up and hur befor u usally do. i know it souds hard, but doing on hur befor u go to work is better then doing 2 hurs after. this also give u time to see mate.

i have a very active sociol life and am out 5nights a week, so i get up and do an hur befor a go to work.
  • coocoocadgoo
    coocoocadgoo Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Gracie wrote: Β»
    try getting up and hur befor u usally do. i know it souds hard, but doing on hur befor u go to work is better then doing 2 hurs after. this also give u time to see mate.

i have a very active sociol life and am out 5nights a week, so i get up and do an hur befor a go to work.

What's an hur??
  • kendall17
    kendall17 Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
    an hour in german? its definately an hour just in which language? or the 'O' button may not be working on Gracie's computer
Privacy Policy