New Starter To Foundation :)

Options
MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hi,

I am new to this forum and start AAT this monday - 1/9, with Kaplan.

What it is is that I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is involved with the induction with kaplan and what sort of material do you get on the day. I am not paying yet as I want to get a career development loan and need to get clarification on that; would I still get the books etc.

Also could anyone give any advice on how to study this; I been to uni would it be similar to that.

Cheers

Martin

Comments

• MWAUGH1983
    Options
    When I say material; I no you get the books but wonder if anything else. What is the admin process as I was told to take cv, job des, organ structure and also certificates etc.
  • George Tse
    George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hello

The induction day will probs be all the health and safety stuff around the college as far as I know you can ask for your books before you start the course.

thats what i have done but im an studying the technician level at nottingham centre.

They probs want your CV cos if you mentioned that you are not in employment they will be able to find a accounts based job for you that is also what i am doing too.

Hope this helps

Kind Reards
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Thats good that u can get the books as I was thinking that they may hold the books till I pay up. I wud also assume that they still give you the binder with stuff in as well as was shown at the open day.

I hope thats wat they do with the CV as I am having very little luck wit jobs esp agencies who seem to talked crap but suppose most people have that trouble as people on here can testify.

Did u do foun/inter if so how did u find it?

Cheers again

Martin
  • George Tse
    George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hello again

For the books I have paied my fees therefore they gave it me, I am not sure if they will do the same seeing as you have not yet paid.

I am also having as much problems looking for jobs even though i have intermediate it is still very hard !!!!!

I have not done foundation but i think most of the stuff will be on double-entry bookkeeping for a guess.

I did intermediate at my college in nottingham, a full time course by the way, and i dint find it a problem for the intermediate studies i used osborne books.

are you going to study foundation level ?? you may be able to skip this level if you have i think 5 C or abouve in GCSE's ??

if you do you can start straight from intermediate level...

Hope this has helped you

Kind Regards
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options
    I hope they give the books as it will b good to get started :001_smile:

Yeah I registered with a job agency and they said there was a job going and they wud pass my details onto them - this was mid july; and they would hope to hear soon. I e-mailed twice and got no reply. Then e-mailed them last friday and they got back saying the client was on holiday so this job was on hold and they didnt have anything else apart from people wanting experience - wud have been nice to have been told as I would call this a development they sud no they have jobs wanting experience but its seems they want people on their database just to have people really.

Potentially I could skip found but the last time I did this type of stuff was 3 yrs ago and I dont want to be founf wanting for the rest of the AAT. If I can do found in 6 mths then that will suit me fine. I hope that funding this myself will add a bit of weight to my application.
Privacy Policy