Business Tax 'Bible@

pinksponk
pinksponk Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
Can anyone tell me if there is a publication that can be purchased that would be like a reference guide to all matters related to Tax. For example if I wanted to look up the Capital Allowances for this year, I could go to the publication and find out.

I was wondering if Tolleys Tax Guide would fit the bill, but I would like to know before I fork out £60.

Comments

• Emthi
    Emthi Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi

You simply buy "Taxation" Finance act 2008- Alan Melville for £41.99, which covers every aspect of taxation
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I've always bought the Tolley's Tax Guide.
  • toniizard
    toniizard Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    If you don't want to fork out for a book , you can always use the HMRCs website.
  • pinksponk
    pinksponk Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
    HMRC Website

Thanks for help. I find the HMRC website a bit confusing. I have ordered the Alan Melville book , Ill see how i get on with it.
  • DaveP
    DaveP Registered Posts: 79 Regular contributor ⭐
    ATT members get Tolleys Tax Guide free every year and I think it is a bit ropey. Never goes into enough detail for me.

If you want a quick reference guide then Hardman's rates and tables is good (Also free for ATT members!!).

If you want good references back to the legislation and case law then you have to get the proper Tolleys income tax manual.

If you want someone else to look it up for you (again, for free) and email you the appropriate excerpts from the legislation then use the Croner helpline!
  • Monsoon
    DaveP wrote: »
    ATT members get Tolleys Tax Guide free every year and I think it is a bit ropey. Never goes into enough detail for me.

If you want a quick reference guide then Hardman's rates and tables is good (Also free for ATT members!!).

If you want good references back to the legislation and case law then you have to get the proper Tolleys income tax manual.

If you want someone else to look it up for you (again, for free) and email you the appropriate excerpts from the legislation then use the Croner helpline!
    Thanks, good to know. Is that ATT full members only or do us students get it too?? :lol:
  • DaveP
    DaveP Registered Posts: 79 Regular contributor ⭐
    Well, if you don't have one then I guess it's full members only!
  • Monsoon
    DaveP wrote: »
    Well, if you don't have one then I guess it's full members only!

*continues studying* :lol::thumbup1:
Privacy Policy