Prof Cover required (coventry)

skeeble
skeeble Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hi there

I live in coventry and want to become a Member In Practice. I would like to offer bookkeeping services, VAT, Payroll, and possibly more when I feel more confident going alone. would there be anyone out there who would be able to provide this cover for me please.

Any help much appreciated, Samantha

Comments

• lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi There

Im looking for Prof. cover too. I live in Bristol but I think the distance would be too far.
  • skeeble
    Hi
    Thankyou for your kind offer but i agree the distance is a bit to far.
  • accountant
    accountant Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi I'm in Daventry and also looking for professional cover as my previous provider has retired. Perhaps we could provide cross cover.
  • skeeble
    Hi

Daventry would be fine. What services do you offer so i know what i will be needing to cover?
  • accountant
    professional cover required

Hi Samantha
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The principal services I provide are bookkeeping, accounts preparation, payroll, VAT, personal and business tax. Don't think that you might not have enough experience in some areas, professional cover in my experience tends to be mainly providing reassurance and maybe advising the relevant authority when I'll be available again if necessary. There is very little that you can or would want to actually do as you wouldn't have access to any files; and there is very little that can't wait a few days in any case. I've been in practice for 23 years now and can count in single digits the number of client's who have actually contacted my previous professional cover in all that time. The vast majority are quite happy to wait for me to return they just want to know that they haven't been abandoned while their accountant is on holiday.

Gary
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Not wanting to sound morbid but..

What happens if you are in a coma for 6 months?
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Or drop dead?

But then I suppose it would not be your problem then

Poodle
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜

Surely, everyone thinks like this when carrying out due diligence on their business continuity plan?

:001_rolleyes:

Regards

Dean
  • Dean
    Poodle wrote: ยป
    Or drop dead?

But then I suppose it would not be your problem then

Poodle

Actually, it is still your problem if you drop dead! It's just left to your personal representitives to administer - hence the new term 'business continuity plan'.

Regards

Dean
  • Dean
    Sorry, i've been a bit of a swot - ethics is my favourity subject afterall!!

Regards

Dean
  • accountant
    No need for morbidity

Surely that's why we have a business continuity plan. Long term or pemanent absence should be dealt with in that, it is not the concern of the professional cover provider. Stay cool stop worrying about what might be.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    ..it is not the concern of the professional cover provider.

Er.. it kinda is really. Who else is going to step in? Company secretary?
  • accountant
    lucky maybe?
    Who else is going to step in? Company secretary?

I take your point but in my case I have one relative who is a qualified accountant and another who is CIOT so my nominated professional cover is really there only to hold the fort. I suppose I'm just lucky (or not with so many relatives in the same profession).
Privacy Policy