I'm canal bound again at lunch

Options
sarahwilson
sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
After yesterdays debacle how could today get any worse, heres how! Someones stolen my card details and spent 900 quid off my debit card yesterday:crying:

I'm off to find a big rock and jump in holding that!!

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    After yesterdays debacle how could today get any worse, heres how! Someones stolen my card details and spent 900 quid off my debit card yesterday:crying:

Aww sarah huggs

I suggest tonight when you get home have a lovely hot bath a glass or 3 of your fav tipple and a very large box of ya faav choc's and bask in the thought hell week is over tomorrow :001_smile:

Vic
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options

Having had a similar thing happen to me, I sympathise with you, Sarah.
    Don't grab the rock, just go home and grab the red wine. Things can only get better now.(they can't get any damned worse):thumbup1::thumbup1:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    oh my word...so sorry hunny.......

go home and get drunk.....best thing for it....
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Did your bank not contact you, I have had card details stolen a couple of times and each time the bank has notified me before I have even realised. They then sort it all out.

No stress, except then having to wait on new cards.

Hope you are getting your money back.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    hey its in the paper today about banks not paying back any money eing robbed through fraud !!!

but the goventement are going to put there two pence worth in and get people there wonka back !
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Is it the same with credit cards or are they not covered anymore for for fraud either? My husband always gets me to use his credit card instead of my debit cos he says it's safer!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I'm the same and there is some logic to this. Any single purchase on a credit card above ยฃ100 is protected by law. That covers fraud, suppliers going bankrupt, whatever. Under ยฃ100 it's more or less up to the card issuer and most of them seem to charge for fraud protection these days. Then again, I don't too often buy anything over ยฃ100 so I'm not too sure if using a credit card really gives me much extra protection but on balance I think I'd rather have my credit card cleared out than my bank account. In any case, I've had a credit card for 20 odd years and been buying stuff on the net around 10 and only ever had one dodgy transaction – a payment put through twice at a petrol station – and that was pretty quickly dealt with by the card company.

Anyway, the biggest crooks are the card companies themselves with the interest they charge.
Privacy Policy