A quick request

Options
peugeot
peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
As you guys know I write financial reporting, audit and tax articles for students and qualified members alike in the hope they will benefit people. I also answer work-related technical queries and assist students with their problems on email and always help people where I can.

Now is the time I need your help.

One of my friends has been diagnosed with cancer. He's only 38 and has recently had surgery but has not yet had the all-clear.

The treatment he received was first class and speedy and those treating him rely on donations from the likes of us. Please can I ask that you make a donation to Cancer Research to help my mate and thousands of other people and their families that are affected by this horrific disease.

A donation, no matter how small, will make everything worthwhile! Thanking you sincerely in advance.

Kind regards
Steve

Comments

• speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi Peugeot

This is a most worthy cause and as one of my cousins has incurable forms of pancreatic and bone cancers, it is a charity close to my heart.

It is not much but I have just send over a donation of ยฃ10, who is going to join me I wonder. Don't forget they will get ยฃ12 if you gross it up with Gift Aid.

Best of luck for your friend Peugeot, my thoughts and prayers go with him.

Speegs :001_smile:
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Peugeot

Having lost a close family member to Cancer this is a cause I often donate to.

Have you set up a JustGiving Page or should we go straight to Make A Donation?

Best of luck for your friend.

Sue
  • peugeot
    Options
    You guys are just brill. Thanks so much.

I haven't set up a JustGiving page (not sure how to do it!!) so just go to 'make a donation'.

Once again thanks to you all.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi Steve

Really sorry to hear about your friend, cancer is not just an illness it a life changing experience (both parents and 2 out of 3 brothers) i myself have a DD set up to cancer reserch and Mac Millen nurses both very worthwhile corses.

All the best for the future for yourself and your friend and if at anytime advise or freindship is needed please feel free and send me a pm

Vic :001_smile:
  • peugeot
    Options
    Thanks A-Vic - some of you on here are true legends. It is a heart stopping moment (one which I have never experienced and one which I hope I'll never experience again) when one of your mates tells you that he went in for a routine check up to be told he had cancer -especially at 38 years old with a young family!

Thankfully the doctors said his chances of recovery are high because they caught it when they did and the speed at which they worked to get him in and do the surgery -but you still feel helpless. By posting these threads at least I feel like I'm doing something constructive!
  • Ponder
    Ponder Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hello Steve,

Sorry to hear about your news, it is indeed a hard experience to go through in life with friends and family.

Best Wishes and Thoughts sent out to your friend. Hope all the Best for now and in the future.

Regards
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Steve,

Sorry to hear your news, I have visited the site and made a donation, something I have been meaning to do for some time, but your post has given me a well needed boot up the rear. I wish your friend a speedy recovery.

Paul
  • X5wrangler
    X5wrangler Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Steve,
    It really humbles me when I hear news like this and it also saddens me. I really hope your friend gets to hear the "it's in remission" words.
    I've sent a donation over.
    Best wishes
    Mandy x
  • peugeot
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys - as i said every penny matters to this charity. Docs have said chances of him surviving this are 95% because of the speed in which they caught it - so that's reassuring and generating lots of positiveness thanks to the speed of the medics.

Once again thanks to you all.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • Baggybooks
    Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Sorry to hear this. I lost a friend last year and another is in remission. Cancer is bastard disease, but it will be beaten.

By donating funds and raising awareness we can all do our bit. Research and care will mean that we all get a fighting chance and remove the lottery of luck which is never fair.
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Like Paul24 this is something I have been meaning to do for sometime. Cancer has affected my life in many ways. I have visited the site and made a regular donation.

I hope your friend recovers speedily and all my thoughts go out to him,his famliy and friends.

God Bless.

Dianne
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    well speaking about cancer.....se jade goody's got 3 types....
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    well speaking about cancer.....se jade goody's got 3 types....

Poor gal and her family
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i know a-vic............she was the funniest one off all the bigbros.....she made me laugh something rotton...
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    just bumping this up for you

Tracy
Privacy Policy