Appealing??

Options
Don-Don
Don-Don Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

I failed PEV Section 1 in Dec n dnt know why n have seen on sum of the other discussions that a few ppl r in the same boat as me!
I was so confident id passed n had a feelin that i may have failed on Section 2, did not expect 2 fail Section 1 at all!

Anyway i contacted my tutor and explained n she agreed that i shud appeal n if the outcome is that i have actually passed u do get £42 refunded to u, although i dnt fink the change in marking is a very high %

Just wonderin if any1 else is appealing? I am still slightly undecided

Thx
xxx:thumbup1:

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    The appeal procedure is useful for candidates who think they produced good answers because it can help their preparations for the next exam.

It is quite possible that you believe you know how to answer variance analysis questions, but that you are doing them the wrong way.

In the normal course of events this is picked up at the college by your lecturer, but if this has not happened then the exam exposes this weakness.

Who better to then tell you that a particular approach you have used was the wrong one - the chief examiner for PEV!

If on the other hand a mistake has been made and your exam has been identified as not passing when your work did pass (unlikely but it could happen) who would be the person to spot it - the chief examiner for PEV!

I guess the style of written english you used in your posting was not the one you used in the exam.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy