AAT charges 17.5% VAT still

Jules of oxford
Jules of oxford Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
My first ever posting on a forum. Hope this works!

I just received my April 09 edition of the AAT magazine. Page 8 kindly informs us that AAT will still be charging 17.5% VAT on its assessment fees. Can someone help me understand why they can still do this? As a business I would be rejecting any invoice I receive with 17.5% VAT for a 2009 service. Not to mention that as an accounting body I would expect them to be able to set a good example of best practice.

Comments

• Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I think you might have misunderstood.

The way I read it they are still planning to use 17.5% as the VAT rate on exam papers - on sitting the exams if you have to calculate anything including VAT the rate will be 17.5% rather than the cost of anyone taking the exam will include VAT at 17.5%
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I think you might have misunderstood.

The way I read it they are still planning to use 17.5% as the VAT rate on exam papers - on sitting the exams if you have to calculate anything including VAT the rate will be 17.5% rather than the cost of anyone taking the exam will include VAT at 17.5%

I read it the same way as Sue, that they are keeping the VAT rate used in the exams at 17.5%
  • Jules of oxford
    Jules of oxford Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Thank you, agree with you now you say it.
Privacy Policy