Unit 10 - Does this forum serve to create anxiety???

Options
anniem
anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
I have just had my assessors report on the first draft of my Unit 10 project and I have to say that I'm delighted with his feedback.

I have a couple of areas that I need to work on; grading the risk of the different types of fraud identified and showing some costings within the executive summary, but other than that it is practically complete.

The words 'excellent report' appeared - which I was thrilled to bits about. I'm 40 and can still get excited if someone sticks a shiny star on my hand!!!!!

I was in the position that the only thing I could do was a simulation and thought that this was simply the poorer option, but in reality I believe that you really can do so much more with a simulation, especially as you are not bandying your ideas around the office getting knock-backs from your colleagues. You can actually look at another business without being 'too involved' this gives you a better perspective.

I do wonder if the forums actually serve to scare you about Unit 10 more than is necessary? Having read so many anxious threads about Unit 10 I was terrified, consequently I put off doing it for much longer than I should have!

If you have a Unit 10 to do; a) don't be afraid to ask for a simulation and b) don't put it off, if you get it out of the way the anxiety cloud is lifted.

Anna

PS I'm still missing all the little smilies, sunbathing on deckchairs with smilie size cocktails and sunglasses on!
FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    i know what you mean. i was dreading starting it, but once i got going and got excellent reports back i was really enthusiastic about carrying on.

i do think every work place has a problem that you deal with every day and can be improved upon, just how you go about it is the hard bit. but once you start......

i am hoping to finish mine in the next 2 weeks as i really need to start looking at DFS.

Well done you (insert thumbs up smily here if it worked )

Tracy
  • Greycow
    Greycow Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I too was dreading this unit. I have to admit that i am quite enjoying it, but i do have a brilliant assessor who provides feedback the following day by email and we are working on each section.

It does make me wonder what i was worrying about !!
  • Tarynmahon
    Tarynmahon Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Signed off Unit 10 Project please?

Does anyone have a copy of a signed off Unit 10 that I could look at please?
    BPP are rubbish at telling you anything and I really dont have a clue what Im supposed to be doing, it would be handy to look at the layout of someones
    If you have one you could send me, please send to taryn.mahon@ipaccess.com

Thank you in advance
    Taryn
  • taskey
    Options
    unfortunatley Taryn the AAT frown upon this, who is your tutor at bpp? mine is emma axon and she is fab - she is really helpful and lets you know everything you need to know.

tracy
  • gingervicki
    gingervicki Registered Posts: 87 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi, i am doing Unit 10 through a simmulation (still waiting for it to arrive from my tutor) and cant wait to get started!

I feel much better about it now i have read your comments, thanks very much

Vicki
  • anniem
    Options
    Hi Vicki

I'm glad you found this helpful. I've just been re-editing my report and I have to say I have enjoyed the challenge, especially as it wasn't as bad as anticipated.

Hopefully when your sim arrives you'll be feeling positive too. Post and tell us about your thoughts, lets try and lift the doom and gloom about Unit 10, because all it does is stress people out before they even know what they're doing.

Go for it girl! (Little place for a smilie here - please imagine one NOW!)

Anna
  • ema192
    ema192 Registered Posts: 107 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I am supposed to have my first draft in by the end of october and i just have no idea where to start i know what i want to base it upon but i just dont know how or where to start!!
    I have read so many of these forum posts regarding it i think i am just stressing myself out more and leaving it hoping the fairies will come and complete it for me which obv in reality is not gonna happen arrghggghhhh!!

Does anyone got a good suggestion on where i should start please ??

Emma
  • taskey
    Options
    Emma

what you need to do is look at your workplace and find something that happens every day and people moan as it does not happen correctly. this is your start.

who are you studying with? once you have your idea, your tutor will be able to help you from there.

the first part is the hardest, after that it will flow and you will wonder what the stress was all about.

Hope that Helps

Tracy
  • anniem
    Options
    Hi Emma

Tell us a bit about your idea - I'm sure you'll get some help and suggestions on here too!

Some of them may be completely daft, as there are one or two ' M A D P E O P L E ' lurking here; however on the whole most of us are just going with the flow and happy to be quite constructive and even (sometimes) positively useful!

Anna
  • Greycow
    Greycow Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    taskey wrote: Β»
    unfortunatley Taryn the AAT frown upon this, who is your tutor at bpp? mine is emma axon and she is fab - she is really helpful and lets you know everything you need to know.

tracy

I totally agree with you Emma is my assessor and i could not wish for better support, she has really boosted my confidence
  • toniizard
    toniizard Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Greycow wrote: Β»
    I totally agree with you Emma is my assessor and i could not wish for better support, she has really boosted my confidence
    I totally agree too... Emma Axon was a great help when I was doing my project.

What a fantastic lady!!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Am getting a little ticked off with a woman in our class at college. I had booked ten mins with my tutor by email the week before class to discuss unit 10 and every week she manages to jump in and so thats why i booked the time but she did it again and i only ended up with 2 mins at end off lession as he had to go. i wouldnt mind so much but shes already completed her 4000 words. and if i hear her say one more time "o he loves my project" i swear am gonna scream. Also bearing in mind no one else has had any time with the tutor as she does it to everyone.

Ok sorry rant over.
  • anniem
    Options
    Perhaps she's giving him more than projects?

Email him again and tell him what keeps happening to you, and can he please spend your allocated 10 minutes with you rather than the 'o he loves me/he loves my project queen bee'.

Anna
  • A-Vic
    Options
    anniem wrote: Β»

Email him again and tell him what keeps happening to you, and can he please spend your allocated 10 minutes with you rather than the 'o he loves me/he loves my project queen bee'.

Anna

Nope were only doing dipolma so anything else we do as a group. But am going to email today and try again and if shes there i will have a quite word
  • ema192
    ema192 Registered Posts: 107 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    anniem wrote: Β»

ha i was thinking exactly the same thing!

I have finally started my report :-) feeling confident about it ,
    I am finding ratios so hard to remeber within unit 11 at the moment though ahhh i have got my work cut out for me these next couple of months !

Hope everyone is doing ok with this year

xx
  • A-Vic
    Options
    ema192 wrote: Β»
    ha i was thinking exactly the same thing!

I have finally started my report :-) feeling confident about it ,
    I am finding ratios so hard to remeber within unit 11 at the moment though ahhh i have got my work cut out for me these next couple of months !

Hope everyone is doing ok with this year

xx

Feels good once youve started i agree, :)
  • maimali
    maimali Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Unit 10 help

I have an idea on what i want to work on but how to begin. I want to deal with Debtors because i have seen where we have errored when it comes to our Debtors accounts. Now how do i begin to put this on paper for me to come up with results. At which angle do i begin to type my report. Do i have to start by explaining the double entry and later lay down the weakness of our Debtors accounts. Please some one help.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    maimali wrote: Β»
    I have an idea on what i want to work on but how to begin. I want to deal with Debtors because i have seen where we have errored when it comes to our Debtors accounts. Now how do i begin to put this on paper for me to come up with results. At which angle do i begin to type my report. Do i have to start by explaining the double entry and later lay down the weakness of our Debtors accounts. Please some one help.

Have you tried the e-learning for unit ten it breaks it all down for you and helped me start to structure now on my way.
Privacy Policy