DFS Rec of profit from operations - Tax

Options
joerd84
joerd84 Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

On the past papers that i've done this always seems straight forward to work out because the years amounts for tax on the balance sheet and income statement have been the same, so i've just put the amount in the previous year. But what if the tax amounts on the balance sheet and income statement are different?

I know there's a working for this but not sure what it is as I haven't came accross any examples. If anyone could help that'd be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Your working will be:

Tax creditor b/fwd (from prior year position statement), plus
    Tax charge per statement of comp income, less
    Tax creditor c/fwd (from current year position statement), equals
    balancing figure of tax paid.

Regards
    Steve
  • joerd84
    Options
    Thanks a lot Steve
  • joerd84
    Options
    Sorry to bother, is this a similar working for the interest as well? On past papers for cash flow I've only come across one interest figure and that is in the income statement.
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    joerd84 wrote: »
    Sorry to bother, is this a similar working for the interest as well? On past papers for cash flow I've only come across one interest figure and that is in the income statement.

Yeah the figure in the SoCI is the one to use unless in the SoFP it gives you the liability at each year end, in that case you follow the working for tax
  • lisnic
    lisnic Registered Posts: 141 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    for tax i draw up a t account

same for working out receipt on disposal of ppe and amounts paid for additons to ppe
Privacy Policy