PCR Wobbles

Options
oh confused one
oh confused one Registered Posts: 128 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Please someone help me - just how much of the overall marking comes from the "written word" answers?

I seem to be relatively ok regarding the mechanics (how to do the calculations) it is the explaining myself in emails that fills me with absolute dread.

Also why are all the past papers completely differently worded - just when I think I've got it sussed - I go to the next paper and it is different - am I just suffering exam wobbles - I really don't remember feeling this bad for FRA and ECR

Comments

• donnaalwill
    donnaalwill Registered Posts: 116 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I was completely dreading the written parts of the paper, for my PEV revision I went through and read the written answers but didn't work very much at all on forming my own while studying but it did seem to come together in the exam today. If you know how to do the calculations and understand what they show then I'm sure you'll be able to think of an answer while in the exam. Its hard when you compare your own answer to the model but under pressue in the exam you will probably remember things you wouldn't particularly be able to recall at other times!
    I don't know how much of the marking is on each question, I think as long as you include the number of points/specific parts it asks for then you should get full marks I would imagine?
    Numbers = good! Reports/emails = bad. Not my favourite part but I have a feeling they aren't going to go away!
    Good luck:)
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    From what I've seen of the model answers, this examiner seems to like us to state the obvious, as though we're explaining to a complete novice. Just try not to miss anything out - we seem to get alot of clues from the excess information at the start of the questions, so I'll be trying to use all of that somewhere. Wishing you all the very best of luck for Thursday.x
Privacy Policy