Quick Question

craggle87
craggle87 Registered Posts: 24 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hi all,

Just a quick one. Can a booking form also act as an invoice?

Thank youuuuuuu

Comments

• jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I could be wrong but I wouldnt think so. An Invoice needs to have a tax point date on it and I wouldn't think a Booking Form would have one
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Invoice is a defined term and if it doesn't say 'Invoice' then it's not an invoice. A booking form may often only show an intent to buy rather a purchase actually having been made but this could then be verified by some form of payment having taken place.

In reality, I'd say something like a plane ticket, booking form or other sales receipt could still be legitimately used for bookkeeping purposes as long as it 'proveably' (is that a word?!) took place and you don't intend trying to reclaim tax on it where it may be unclear if it's a taxable supply or doesn't show the tax number.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    ...............you don't intend trying to reclaim tax on it where it may be unclear if it's a taxable supply or doesn't show the tax number.

Good point.

if you are using a booking form an evidence for an expense, you will not be able to claim VAT.

Click here for VAT INVOICE

There are rules on what is defined as an invoice for VAT purposes, and one of the requirement is that a suppliers VAT number MUST be shown on the invoice. And the and address of the purchaser. (Or Cash Sale)

If your customer is treating the booking form as an evidence for an expense, your customer will not be able to claim vat as an input tax, if VAT is applicable.
  • craggle87
    craggle87 Registered Posts: 24 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Thanks for your replys. The reason i did ask is because i would want to use it in order to reclaim VAT. The customers are individual public members so i would imagine they will not be reclaiming the VAT themselves. Perhaps if I titled it 'Booking form & Invoice' This may make it an "official" document.

99 out of 100 times the customer will pay immediately over the phone.
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    But if your not the customer, how can you claim the VAT back? Surely your only entitled to reclaim the Vat if it is your VAT registered businesses purchase??
Privacy Policy