IAS why don't write in simple language.

Options
exam panic
exam panic Registered Posts: 157 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Why don't they write in simple language so everyone can understand. at the moment I try to read the book but I can not remember anything.

Comments

• Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    What is it you are struggling to remember?

Kind regards
    Steve
  • exam panic
    exam panic Registered Posts: 157 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I'm struggling all of them to be honest

Hi Steve ,
    I'm vietnamese My English not that great accounting wise I'm ok with but IAS NO GO FOR ME.
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I wrote a book on IFRS/IAS which might help you. I doubt it would arrive in time for your exams from Amazon but you can download it from www.accountancystudents.co.uk - if you go to the homepage, scroll half way down on the right you'll find details of how to purchase.

I can also recommend a friend's book, Clare Finch's IFRS guide which might also help you.

Kind regards
    Steve
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Why don't they write in simple language so everyone can understand. at the moment I try to read the book but I can not remember anything.

I posted a Domino game to help you and others on this forum

Have you printed that out and used it?

Unfortunately you will have to put in some effort if you want to attempt this part of the DFS paper.

In that same post there was also advise on not to worry about this theory part and you will loose few mark if you don't attempt this part of DFS paper

However, if you are aspiring to become a professional accountant, understanding and applying IAS and other accounting standards are becomming "a must have skill".

Let me know how have you found the Domino game?
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I think you'll get the bulk of the mark for knowing the key principles. Even if you don't know the number of the standard.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    The number of the standard is given to you anyway :)
Privacy Policy