Sage Help

Options
Marg22
Marg22 Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

Can anyone help with this sage question.

How can you link up your purchase orders with the purchase invoice numbers. When I update the orders to the suppliers account I want to be able to see the suppliers invoice number in the account.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Marg

Comments

• Kecak
    Kecak Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    It depends how you use it really...when you deliver your PO and then click Update to post the supplier invoice, by default it should put the PO # into the Reference field.

Do you just accept this reference as a default? or do you type your own reference against the PI?

If you just use the default, then just check in your activity for the reference number...erm, or in future you could use the Ex Ref field instead to give you another option??

Dunno if that's been any help but it's all I can think of at the moment.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Ex Ref field = External Reference (supplier invoice reference)
    Ref Field = Internal reference (PO number)

:)
  • Marg22
    Marg22 Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thanks for replying.

Your answers have been helpful. It seems to work for me if I change the order number to the invoice number when I update to the ledger.

Before I posted to this forum I did try to enter the invoice number into the Ex ref field but that didn't work. It shows up in the audit trail but not in the suppliers account.

I would ideally like to keep the order number and also add the invoice number, but this doesn't seem to work in the suppliers account.

If anyone does this at work I would be pleased to hear from you.

Thanks

Marg
Privacy Policy