Business Tax, having trouble with tax years/time apportioning of profits

Options
reddwarf
reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Anyone out there who can suggest a method for this? I am finding the Osborne chart thingy not that helpful (we haven't had the lecture yet but I'd like to get his sussed).

Any tips appreciated!

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    The only way to suss this is to learn the diagram and practice practice practice, sorry there's no short cuts on this particular thing.

The good news is once you've got it you never forget it!
  • reddwarf
    Options
    Getting it now, thanks Bluewednesday, this is not one to tackle when you are tired, Friday night after work not recommended!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Anyone out there who can suggest a method for this? I am finding the Osborne chart thingy not that helpful (we haven't had the lecture yet but I'd like to get his sussed).

Any tips appreciated!

I have the Osbourne Book too for BTC and those charts just confused me even more. I gave up on them and am just trying to practice it as much as I can.
  • reddwarf
    Options
    Trouble is it I don't get something I can't leave it alone and look at it later, it bugs me so I sit there staring at don't achieve anything. It was much better after a good night's sleep!

Thumbs down to Osborne charts (but at least they tried!). BPP don't use a chart I wonder how Kaplan approach this one?
  • NickyW
    NickyW Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    If you are talking about basis periods I found the Kaplan book really hard to understand. I did however find this on the net

http://www.tolleytraining.co.uk/miscellaneous/demos/BT%20demo%20-%20Manual%20Ch%205.PDF

I found this to be really useful and made understanding basis periods a lot easier.

Nicky
  • reddwarf
    Options
    I've got this in my head now, but I've looked at the link Nicky W, it's really nicely laid out, thank you! I'll pass on to others who are fighting with this too.
    thanks again
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    NickyW wrote: ยป
    If you are talking about basis periods I found the Kaplan book really hard to understand. I did however find this on the net

http://www.tolleytraining.co.uk/miscellaneous/demos/BT%20demo%20-%20Manual%20Ch%205.PDF

I found this to be really useful and made understanding basis periods a lot easier.

Nicky

I have printed this off as I am struggling with it too.

Thanks Nicky
  • reddwarf
    Options
    uppity up
Privacy Policy