Mistakes in Kalan books?

Options
Becky V
Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi all i am studying Financial statements with Kaplan books. I have just done an exercise in my book and im sure the answer is wrong! If anyone has this book then perhaps then could just see if im right/wrong before i email tutor tomorrow! Thanks
Sorry the title should be Kaplan!

Comments

• Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    hi becky i have kaplan books where is the exercise? page? and i will have a look;)
  • Becky V
    Options
    Marga wrote: ยป
    hi becky i have kaplan books where is the exercise? page? and i will have a look;)

Hi Marga thank you the activity is 11 page 322-323 and the answers are page 387 & 388.
    I thought the total assets is always the same figure as total equity and liabilities so the answer should be ยฃ61500! Thanks
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    hi Becky

went to these pages but my books shows that activity 11 is on page301( it is the december 2002 question) Elisabeth Ogier

Pages 322 and 323 are tasks for activity 21 and activity 22 (december 2000)

and the pages 387 and 388 are part B of the mock examination

so not sure which one you are after

maybe our books are not the same?

mine is Drafting Financial Statements from April 2009 ...

As far as i know Equity = Assets less liabilities
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    it wouldn't surprise, i've just started AAT using Kaplan, luckily at college, we have found loads of mistakes
  • Becky V
    Options
    Marga wrote: ยป
    hi Becky

went to these pages but my books shows that activity 11 is on page301( it is the december 2002 question) Elisabeth Ogier

Pages 322 and 323 are tasks for activity 21 and activity 22 (december 2000)

and the pages 387 and 388 are part B of the mock examination

so not sure which one you are after

maybe our books are not the same?

mine is Drafting Financial Statements from April 2009 ...

As far as i know Equity = Assets less liabilities

Hi Marga thanks for looking. I think our books are different. I have Financial statements 2010-2011.
  • Becky V
    Options
    janwal wrote: ยป
    it wouldn't surprise, i've just started AAT using Kaplan, luckily at college, we have found loads of mistakes

Thank you. Its not very good though, you think you have learnt something then this happens and completely confuses me!!!
  • donnas1977
    donnas1977 Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    am also using kaplan books for costings and its got mistakes. confuses me no end!
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi,

You might wish to e-mail Kaplan about this issue to confirm whether it is a mistake or not. Often in such text books (usually either at the front or back of the text book) the e-mail address of the author will be printed. There were a number of instances on AccountancyStudents when students were complaining about errors in the textbooks, but upon confirmation from the author it transpired it was either an alternative method of calculation or a mis-interpretation by the student. I am not insinuating that you are wrong to question the material, sometimes it is better to get confirmation from the publishers/author direct.

Kind regards
    Steve
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    if you go on kaplan site there is an email address for questions i used that and emailed them asking for a corrections sheet and they did send one :) just state the book and isbn code in your email
  • Becky V
    Options
    Hi,

You might wish to e-mail Kaplan about this issue to confirm whether it is a mistake or not. Often in such text books (usually either at the front or back of the text book) the e-mail address of the author will be printed. There were a number of instances on AccountancyStudents when students were complaining about errors in the textbooks, but upon confirmation from the author it transpired it was either an alternative method of calculation or a mis-interpretation by the student. I am not insinuating that you are wrong to question the material, sometimes it is better to get confirmation from the publishers/author direct.

Kind regards
    Steve

Hi thanks Steve i have emailed them and waiting for a reply. I do this side of accounts at work and am sure the answer they have got is wrong. I understand what you are saying so thank you for your reply
  • Becky V
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    if you go on kaplan site there is an email address for questions i used that and emailed them asking for a corrections sheet and they did send one :) just state the book and isbn code in your email

Thank you A-Vic i have emailed them and waiting for a reply but i will try that aswell
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Don't know if any of you using Kaplan en-gage on line as they are putting corrections to mistakes on there.
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    BTC book last year was full of errors and I also found other errors in DFS and MAC, all confirmed by Kaplan.

I don't understand, if this situation happens so frequently, it's time Kaplan publishing take action and review all their books before put them in the market!

So far, based on my experience, I'm not happy with the service of Kaplan, especially when they only have 1 (!!!)assessor to mark the work of many students
  • A-Vic
    Options
    BTC book last year was full of errors and I also found other errors in DFS and MAC, all confirmed by Kaplan.

I don't understand, if this situation happens so frequently, it's time Kaplan publishing take action and review all their books before put them in the market!

So far, based on my experience, I'm not happy with the service of Kaplan, especially when they only have 1 (!!!)assessor to mark the work of many students

wow londina thats a first we agree on something :lol:
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    wow londina thats a first we agree on something :lol:

oh, A-Vic you are not my friend? :-(

heheh only joking
  • A-Vic
    Options
    oh, A-Vic you are not my friend?
    heheh only joking

Me am friends with everyone :lol:
  • Becky V
    Options

Hi thanks for the info i have just found another mistake! It has on the question inventories 19871 and the answers page it has 19831!!!!!!!!! How can we get it right if they cant!!!
    What unit are you studying with Kaplan? What training provider would you recommend? Thanks again
  • Becky V
    Options
    Just had it confirmed answer in the book is worng!!!!!!
Privacy Policy