Complaints proceedures????

Options
anniebabe
anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi Guys
Well! I am NOT very happy today, I went to sit my ECR paper based exam - only me sitting it. Senario was this - the classroom windows did not shut and loud traffic and shouting outside. Teenagers running up and down the stairwell - shouting and screetching! after about 45 minutes of putting up with this - the person overseeing the exam decided to ring and get us moved! 25 minutes later I got another room - I was so wound up and upset I could not think straight - absolutely gutted - worked sooo hard to pass this exam. :( Do I have the right to complain to someone about this - and if so - who to?

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Oh that sucks :( Sorry to hear about your experience, that's not good at all.

I would complain to both the AAT (who presumably have judged the venue a suitable one) and also to the venue - the situation sounds totally unacceptable.

*hugs*
  • anniebabe
    Options
    thanks Monsoon - very upset about the whole situation atm. Not sure that if I complain it will get me anywhere. fed up.
  • anniebabe
    Options
    just emailed student services about it - dont know where it will get me tho.
  • donnas1977
    donnas1977 Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi Annie

That sounds awful :( Hope you get some satisfactory response

Donna
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    My college let people enter the room after the exam had started and also allowed them to leave in the last half hour - I thought they had to follow rules ...
  • anniebabe
    Options
    our college lets you leave if you finish early - but you cant leave the room in the first 30 mins. think its upto the discretion of the college if they let people in if they are late.
    my situation today was appauling.
  • jane
    jane Registered Posts: 165 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    So sorry to hear that Anniebabe, that must have been absolutely awful. There is nothing worse than when you are trying to concentrate and after putting in so much hard work for it to be ruined by disturbances like that. I would have been well hacked off too. Hope you get some proper feedback with your complaint. I was thinking about you yesterday too. Wanted to look on the forum last night, but my son wouldn't let me use his laptop!!!!

Jane
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Hi Jane
    Have complained to AAT and to college - not holding my breath on getting a response.
    Sounds like you have similar problems with me - battling for the laptop! lol
    Struggling on my own with the simulations now - and I mean struggling, everyone else at college is doing the new route and ive no lessons left as they have moved onto the next unit - so no help for me!! :(
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Anniebabe,

By simulations do you mean the cash management and indirect tax? I am doing Cash management at the moment and although i'm distance learning, I can't find too much for me to use for studying. I suppose it is quite a bit different to the exams, in as much as layout is concerned. If you are doing these how are you finding them, revision wise?

Becca
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Oh, and good luck with your response from AAT, hopefully it will all get resolved!
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Hi Becca
    No i am doing the Unit 6 ecr simulation - its really different to the exams - struggling on my own.
  • jane
    jane Registered Posts: 165 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi Anniebabe

Maybe we can be there for each other hun.
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Hi Jane
    Yes that would be cool. as you will know the sims are nothing like the exam. The sims i am looking at I have answers for but i am still struggling with looking at them!
Privacy Policy