Sally5065
Sally5065 Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
Thank goodness that is over!!! Hope everyone got on ok

xxx

Comments

• anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    hope i did ok, after my stressfull time - didnt have a clue with the limited factor question tho - unfotunately couldnt remember - and never had to write out the layout myself before.
  • donnas1977
    donnas1977 Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I bet you are glad its over, am dreading tomorrow now and the snow has just came on pretty bad here :(
  • anniebabe
    Options
    havent got a clue if i will pass - answered everything but the blumin limited factor question. gutted - cant believe they did that to us - that doesnt even crop up in any past papers that ive seen.
  • donnas1977
    Options
    am sure we have limiting factor questions in the revision kit that we got, now I am freaking out.
  • anniebabe
    Options
    a limiting factor where you need to write it all out yourself? no crib? i have never done one like that before. all the ones i have had - you just filled in the boxes with numbers - not the description as well.

How did everyone else do?
  • Tamilla
    Tamilla Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Tamilla

Hi ,
    Could please somebody advise what type of question been in today exam .
  • Sally5065
    Options
    ECR Exam

I am soooo relieved everyone else felt the same on the limiting factor question - I really struggled and I revised that like mad!!!!!! Really really hope I've done ok. Fingers crossed.

Sally
  • Deejaybee
    Deejaybee Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    ECR exam

I took the exam yesterday and spent the evening in tears it went so bad. I failed the paper in June as I'd split up with my boyfriend on that week so wasn't in the right frame of mind to concentrate. I have spent the last 2 months doing nothing but revise, i got up at 5am every single day to do a couple of hours before work, all evenings and weekends didnt switch on tv, hardly saw friends i was just so determined to revise and pass this unit I have worked so so so hard. I went into my exam yesterday pretty confident, I had done every single one of the practice papers from the website over and over and over again I think i knew each one off by heart, I knew all my formulas straight off, understood how they worked but everything just went wrong in the exam.
    The first question store record cards which ive never had a problem with just threw me on the wordings and then realising the answer to this affected the next 3-4 questions and answers I just went to pot, shaking, panic breathing. Limiting factors I was really confident on but how it was presented on the question paper was like nothing I'd seen before. Im just so disappointed for how hard Ive worked and how i felt so confident that the exam went so bad.
    I decided last night that im just giving up i cant try any harder than what ive done, ive given it my absolute all and I dont think now i can retake anyway as the paperbased exam is finishing
    Hope all you others did well
  • Sally5065
    Options
    Ecr

Hi Deejaybee,

I know it's hard when you've studied so hard...... I'm sure you will be fine. I was gutted about the limiting factor question too.

There is another paper based exam in June I think if the worst did happen.

It's time to enjoy the festive period now!!! :)

Sally
  • anniebabe
    Options
    I am glad other people feel that way about the limiting factor question - I had also never seen that format before - or done any questions similar - I think it was a truely rotten thing of them to do to us. Was beginning to think I was a bit thick or had totally missed something from my learning. Just hope we dont loose too many marks for not answering it.
    I now have to start looking at the simulations and have not had any help from college with it. needless to say I am struggling with that now. totally different to the exams.
  • emma123
    emma123 Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    ah i'm so relieved as well to see i'm not the only one who struggled with the limiting factors q! they might be more lenient on us if they see a lot of ppl struggled with it?
  • anniebabe
    Options
    we can only live in hope Emma.
  • donnas1977
    Options
    I passes cbe today. The layout from the practice cbe was so different. Now battling my way home in the snow
  • Tamilla
    Options
    Tamilla

So nobody wants to help me :-)
    Thanks.
  • donnas1977
    Options
    Tamilla If its the cbe exams, everyone gets a different paper. I cant answer what came up in written exam. If you look at past papers you will be able to get an idea of what comes up in exam
  • Deejaybee
    Deejaybee Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    computer based exam

Ive been looking at the ECR computer based exam - from what I can see it's multiple choice, you get a range of answers to click on. I will definately retake if I can sit this one, if the answers are there prompting its got to be more beneficial and point you in the right direction
    I just felt everything that was in the exam was so different to all of the past papers that i'd been practising on
    Ive also started to complete the exam online feedback questionnaire today but as it asks you for your easy/hard rating on each question I realise i'll have to wait until the paper becomes available online so that I can refer back to it - maybe if those who struggled all complete the questionnaire saying how hard it was they may make allowances on the markings
  • donnas1977
    Options
    I did the cbe oday and it defo does not point you to the right answer, it gives you various answers that could be very well the correct answer, you have lots of writing to do just to do the final drag and drop. The layout I got today again was very different from the practice one on aat site and kaplans mock exam
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Deejaybee - are you doing the unit 6 simulation too? i am really struggling here with it. and no help from college, wonder what will happen if i dont do the simulation by june but pass the exam - i have already passed everything else. will i need to do all the other units for level 3?
  • Tamilla
    Options
    Tamilla

I am just must seat ECR paper exam,and interesting what type of questions was .Anyway ..

Thanks for helping.
  • Sally5065
    Options
    ECR Exam

Not sure if we can discuss the exact question content yet. :) Sorry

x
  • Sally5065
    Options
    Well done Donna for passing :)
  • donnas1977
    Options
    thanks, all cbe's are different but each section follows the same as written papers for each section. None of the answers on cbe relate to the question before which I was quite glad of as am sure i got the breakeven stuff wrong!

Am sure the actual content of the written paper could be discussed from monday night at 8pm but not entirely sure.

Donna
  • emma123
    emma123 Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    well done donna! i'm sure ur relieved. when you're doing the cbe, do you hand in ur workings out to the examiner at the end of the exam?
  • donnas1977
    Options
    nope, they got straight in bin, you get absolutely no marks for your workings :(, You get 2.5 hrs which i think is shorter than the written exam ( don't quote me on that though!). I felt it was a lot of work for it all to go straight in bin.
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Yes Donna thats a lot shorter than the paper exam - you get 3 hours and 15 minutes reading time.
Privacy Policy