icas - terms of reference - what is this??

barry1
barry1 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
anyone??

Comments

• keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi,

It's just a couple of lines saying what the project is about and why it is being completed.

I basically wrote about it investigating the systems of the company and looking at weaknesses and recommendations to improve the system. Also stated that I was completing the report to meet the requirements of this AAT unit.

Emma.
  • annabolaji
    annabolaji Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    pls am having problem in writting the project and i av no idea how to start. can u pls help?
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    annabolaji wrote: »
    pls am having problem in writting the project and i av no idea how to start. can u pls help?

Have you done a SWOT anaylsis? This is a good starting point.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    barry1 wrote: »
    anyone??

Terms of reference

What are you seeking to achieve by preparing this report? What are its objectives?

These shows the reasons are behind the report. As there are two reasons why you are writing this, these must both be stated.

An example is:

“the report looks at the need to make improvements to the management of the petty cash system for ABC Limited.”

Another example is:

This report has been requested by the Financial Director of the company to:

Prepare a skills audit of all the office staff including their current achievements and any suitable future training that maybe necessary to be competent at performing their roles.

To identify any improvements to the management of the accounting functions and recommend any changes to maximise the cost benefit, reliability and efficiency to achieve the objective of accounting task.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    annabolaji wrote: »

Tasks to do: before attempting to write.

1. Prepare an organisational chart (Appendix 1)

2. On the same page write about to whom each head of every department is responsible to and how they affect the organisational structure (K&U 11)

3. On the same page write about how some of the departments are connected to the external agencies. (K&U 12) ( SLCA to debtors, PLCA to creditors, Payroll to Inland Revenue, Accountant to Bank, Company House, HM Customs and Excise, Local Council, Environmental agencies etc)

4. Also write how each departments are connected to each other (K&U 13) (PLCA to SLCA – contra for same supplier/customer; SLCA, PLCA, Gen Ledger, Warehouse, Stores all need to submit wages info to PAYROLL and to Accountant for management reports; Petty Cash to General Ledger;)

5. Prepare each employee’s Flow chart of documents and activities (job description) (Appendix 4, Appendix 5, Appendix 6, appendix 7)

6. Prepare Employee’s Skill’s analysis table (Appendix 2).

7. Prepare a SWOT analysis for each of employees and put it into the Appendix

8. Research on Team Building on the internet (for K&U 9 and K&U 10) You will need to quote some theory work in your project.
Privacy Policy