cash management

Options
jojo1979
jojo1979 Registered Posts: 75 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all!

Have my cash management exam on tuesday and am really starting to panic now. Not had much time to revise due to children being ill and the easter holidays so was wondering if anyone had any tips on this exam. Also I am unable to download the practice CBT and was wondering if anyone knew where i could find alternative practice ones or any exercises that might help?

Jo

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Hi Jo

Hope you are well. I have emailed you something which I hope you will find helpful.

Take care.

JC :)
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jojo1979
    Options
    Thank you Jo i have mailed you back. Will be a great help thank you.

Do you have any tips on production budgets? I am struggling with them. The tables where you have to find the amount to be purchased and the closing stock etc. I am getting really confused with these and have no idea where the figs are oming from

Jox
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Hi Jo

Have replied to your message. If you want to send the the production budget question over I'll take a look.

JC :)
    Benjamin Franklin
  • kirstym01
    kirstym01 Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I thought the cash management cba was much harder than I was prepared for, I had a question about gilts and certificates of deposit so have a read and refresh of that! But I think the hardest part for me was the layout as there was lots of scrolling up and down.
    When I looked at college last week I think the practise cba was now working so it might be worth having another look.
    Not sure if you have seen the osborne books e learning website, if you haven't here is the link: http://www.osbornebooks.co.uk/elearning
    If you scroll down to level 3 there are 15 questions for cash management, you might find them useful!
    Goodluck with it!
    Kirsty
  • jojo1979
    Options
    Thanks Kirsty.

Was it really that bad? I am dreading it.

Thank you for the link. I did receive a copy of the practice one from Osbourne books which Jo very kindly emailed me.

I have just tackled the practice one on aat site on paper as it still wouldnt let me do it online and didnt do too bad although i think it was bad enough to not pass oops.

One thing i am struggling with is the indexs and remembering which formula to use in the different situations depending on what figurs they give you. Any tips on how to remember these?

Jox
  • kirstym01
    Options
    Sorry Jo, I haven't really got any tips on how to remember that :/ some of it for me just sunk in by reading it over and over and making notes on the bits I really wasn't certain on.
    It was quite bad, but to be fair I didn't feel ready for it so I guess that would have been half the battle if I felt ready! My first question was to do with liquidity, which I haven't seen on the practise, or in the osborne practises, nor on the osborne tutor zone that our lecturer printed off for us.... just be prepared for a few sneaky questions!

We've got our spreadsheets tomorrow, another one I don't feel ready for but fingers crossed it won't be as bad as I'm expecting!

Goodluck Jo, let us know how you get on tomorrow xx
  • jojo1979
    Options
    Hi guys just to let you know i passed whoohoo! Thank goodness for that was really dreading this one.

Thanks again Jo for all your help, im sure it wont be the last time i ask for it though :-).

Kirsty yes you were right there were a few sneaky questions in there, and a few that i really had no idea about so literally had to guess the answer, again things like you say have not been taught to you or cropped up in any of the books or practices but thankfully i passed so on to the next one now :-(. How did your spreadsheets one today go? Hope it went well. I think that will be our next one. THere was talk about it today in college but a few of us are not ready for it yet as the subject has not been taught to us.

Fingers crossed you passed it Kirsty let us know how you get on wont you.

Jo
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Congratulations Jo! I said you could do it :D
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jojo1979
    Options
    You sure did, thank you and you were right.

I just mailed you too chick.

Jox
  • kirstym01
    Options
    Congratulations Jo :) At least thats one less worry for you. I would like to say spreadsheets went ok.... but I dont think it did! My excel crashed half way through, I burst into tears and couldn't focus on the end of it! I think I did ok with the first half of it anyway! Will hopefully find out next week but think I will email my lecturer to let her know what happened.
    The content was pretty much what I was expecting, there were no surprises, I thought the wording could have been improved dramatically and the instruction a lot clearer, and I didn't like the uploading of the assessment, I nearly uploaded the wrong thing!
    Anyway..... we'll see!! xx
  • jojo1979
    Options
    Hiya Kirsty

Sorry for the alte reply have been ill all week with tonsilitis :-(.

THank you for the congratulations, was so glad to get that exam done and dusted and even more so to not have to do it all over again.

Oh dear it does sound like you had a bit of a nightmare with your spreasheets one. SOunds like the kind of thing that would happen to me. Hopefully it would have all gone fine though hun. How long do you have to wait until you get the results?

We havent been taught anything yet on spreadsheets and was asked last week when we want to do the exam so we werent too keen. THe last time i did spreadsheets was about ten fifteen years ago when i was in school so have a lot to learn before i am ready to do it.

Fingers crossed yours turns out ok though i am sure you did fine. Make sure you let me know how you get on when you find ut though.

WHich is your next exam? DO you have many left before you complete level three?

Jox
  • kirstym01
    Options
    Hi Jo, hope you are feeling better now xx

I have been worrying about the spreadsheets but as its out of my control now there isn't much point in worrying! Hopefully we will find out on Tuesday but thats not guaranteed, depends if our lecturer has managed to mark it, then we are flying to Ibiza on Wednesday for a week so it might be a couple more weeks before I know!

I think our next one is Professional Ethics, sometime in early-mid June, followed by indirect tax a week later, then in the last week of June we've got Costs and Revs and AP2, they were meant to be spread out a bit more but we've fallen behind a bit due to one of our lecturers being away etc, its a bit of a pain having them all so close together but they have to be finished by the end of June!

When is your next one? Spreadsheets isn't too bad actually, we started using the Kaplan book but it didn't seem particularly good so we went on to Osborne which I personally found much more user friendly, it is pretty self explanatory and something you can do yourself at home.

Are you going on to do level 4? I'm still undecided, mainly due to the cost but think as I have done this far I really should continue x
  • jojo1979
    Options
    Yes feeling a bit better thank you, i think the anti biotics are finally starting to work although they have certainly taken their time.

Awe hopefully you will find out before you go away, be nice to go waway without having to worry about it.

They do sound like they are all blocked together a bit but like you say they have to be done dont they. Im sure you will get them all done no problem though.

I have AP2, costs and revenues, indirect tax all left to do too. as well as the spreadsheets. I am dreading the costs and revenues one because there is so much to remember.

I did the professional ethics one a while ago it was the first one i did and from memory it was ok. Alot of it i found was more common sense than anything although you do need to learn the principles and the sponsors of AAT.

Not had a date for our next one yet thank goodness so i am enjoying the break from studying although i have been looking over the costs and revenues a bit to try start getting that to sink in.

At the moment yes i will do level four, although i will have to see how the rest of this year goes i think. lol

Jox
  • kirstym01
    Options
    I have been doing revision for costs and revenues, not looking forward to remembering all the formulas for that :-/ a couple of the girls in our group have written a sheet of formula though so hopefully it will make the revision a little easier!

When do you have to complete level 3 by? We are only in a rush as the course is held at the university centre and all the other courses finish at the end of June, hopefully we will all pass and no retakes will have to be sorted!

I really hope I have passed, your right it will be nice to go away and not have to worry about it!

I'm not overly worried about Professional Ethics, I've been reading bits of the book, is there a practise one for this? x
  • jojo1979
    Options
    Thats what i was palnning on doing was to write all the formulas down on one sheet and try remember them that way. If you do find any other ways to help remember them please do let me know. Another thing i was thinking of doing was writing them down on post it notes and stick them around the house like by light switches and fridge etc.

I think ours has to be done by the end of june too although im not entirely sure.

Im sure you will have done just fine chick, dont go stressing about it.

THere was one on here from memory that you can print off, the other thing i found helpful was the KAplan book as they have little activities and practice questions in there.

Joxx
Privacy Policy