Full Member - portfolio

Options
Tashyd
Tashyd Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
I am currently on the last leg of the AAT technician level, (3 exams to go!!). My tutor recommended we upload our work experience now in preparation of becoming full members. I am a self-employed bookkeeper and have been for 3 years, I have a chartered accountant I work alongside that is willing to sign off on my work. But what exactly do they want me to upload on the experience part? A filled in VAT return or what?! Surely thats a little easy for anyone to make one up. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Tashyd wrote: »
    I am currently on the last leg of the AAT technician level, (3 exams to go!!). My tutor recommended we upload our work experience now in preparation of becoming full members. I am a self-employed bookkeeper and have been for 3 years, I have a chartered accountant I work alongside that is willing to sign off on my work. But what exactly do they want me to upload on the experience part? A filled in VAT return or what?! Surely thats a little easy for anyone to make one up. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

My experience was self employed. I can't remember but I think I just did a CV, or outlined what I did, and my mentor signed if off. Yes, arguably easy to make up, but someone else has to sign it off, which gives another level of security. Security is not the right word but you know what I mean!
  • Tashyd
    Tashyd Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thanks so much I'll have another look at it and see how I do!!!
Privacy Policy