Payroll

JaffasGirl
JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi guys,

I'm sure its completely normal, but I was having a look at my p60 and have a question.

My salary is £13,000, but it says in the pay and income box - total for year £12,958.30

Can someone tell me why this is? If it's a long and lengthy answer I apologise in advance, however if it is, then by all means just give me the condensed version!

Thank you

Comments

• zara5034
    zara5034 Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    It could be for a number of reasons.

When does your salary year go from and to? Are you paid weekly or monthly? Do you get an annual pay rise? If so when, and have you had any time off in the year unpaid, such as sickness?

Sorry for all the questions!
  • JaffasGirl
    No time off unpaid. My employment year runs from end of april each year. Don't get an annual rise (I wish!) and I'm paid monthly.

No worries about the questions, I'm just curious tis all :)
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    If you've worked there more than a year, at £13000 pa for more than a year, and you are paid £1083.33 a month (£13000 / 12) then I see no reason why your P60 shouldn't say £13000! Look back on prior payslips to see if you can see the deduction.
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Have you started paying into a company pension scheme? Because any payments you make would be deducted before tax is paid, and therefore I don't think would show on the P60.
  • JaffasGirl
    Problem Solved!

I have had a proper look at my old pay slips and it seems my year started in April, i got a payrise last year, but i thought it started at the end of March, but it started in May, so thats probably why there was a difference!

Thanks for everyones help, think i need to look at things properly before posting in future!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    JaffasGirl wrote: »
    Problem Solved!

I have had a proper look at my old pay slips and it seems my year started in April, i got a payrise last year, but i thought it started at the end of March, but it started in May, so thats probably why there was a difference!

Thanks for everyones help, think i need to look at things properly before posting in future!

That makes perfect sense :)

Also agree with Rozzi on the pension thing.
Privacy Policy