Calling all MIP in Milton Keynes!

MKMillwright
MKMillwright Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
Morning all,

My name is David and I am AAT level 2 qualified and currently studying for AAT Level 3.
I am looking to gain some experience in bookkeeping/accounting. I am available in evenings and weekends, and willing to work unpaid to gain experience.

If you think that you might be able to help me then please email me at DBarker94@hotmail.co.uk.

Many Thanks

David

Comments

• MKMillwright
    MKMillwright Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Are there no MIP`s in Milton Keynes or surrounding areas?

I believe there is a real stigma between full members and students. AAT markets itself as a helpful and encouraging group but in reality it seems everyone is out for themselves?

Anyone out there wanting to prove me wrong?
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I believe there is a real stigma between full members and students. AAT markets itself as a helpful and encouraging group but in reality it seems everyone is out for themselves?

Really?!

I believe manners are an issue for people in Milton Keynes.

Anyone going to prove me wrong?
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Well said Dean.

Re David. You've been studying accountancy for what? A few months, a year at most? It has taken MIP's years to get where they currently are and yet you're wanting it practically all at once? Good manners cost nothing - and so might have been your services - but the risk and reputation someone might have been willing to invest in you certainly don't...
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ

And you deduced this from, what, no reponses in a mere 24 hours? As others have said, way to go to make a good impression.

Good luck in your search

Sincerely,

MIP employer of AAT students, not near Milton Keynes.
  • RAS
    RAS Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Agree with the comments above. After your second post I would have thought your chances would now be next to zero. I think probably a better way of doing it would be to get a list of MIP`s in your area and contact them individually either by phone, email or letter. I would say the chances would still be slim but I think that as far as this forum is concerned you have blown in completely.
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I believe there is a real stigma between full members and students.

I have to say, I have not experienced this at all on this forum. The full members on here, have always been very helpful, giving up their time to explain things to those who need a little help and clarification.

Not only is your attitude counter-productive on this forum, but if your letters to prospective employers come across like this, then maybe thats why your not getting interviews.

Anyway, get the attitude problem sorted before someone gives you an interview. Cause that is one thing that will most certainly hinder you more than lack of experience.
  • Ellabobbin
    Ellabobbin Registered Posts: 92 Epic contributor 🐘
    I am a recently qualifed MAAT (albeit not in the Milton Keynes area) and work in quite a niche area. I recently wrote a polite letter to 5 local MIP's explaining my work experience to date and my desire to expand my practical experience so that I become a MIP in time.

Within 72 hours I had 2 replies, both offering me some experience and giving lots of encouragement and ideas for further study.

Perhaps it would have been more productive to write a letter directly to the people you are hoping might give some of their valuable time to help you further your own career?
Privacy Policy