Wait for results or move on?

Options
sampson
sampson Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
I just did the financial statements exam this afternoon and all I can say is brutal... I didnt get any of the statements to balance, so to say I'm not feeling too confident about the outcome is an understatement.

I was told that the results will be back in 6 weeks, so what shall I do whilst waiting for results, get started on the next unit or prepare myself for a re-sit?

Thanks

Comments

• uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I felt the same way after my FNST Exam and also had the same dilema ! Personally I chose to just crack on with my suggested timetable.

The exam is done now, there is nothing you can do to change the result, so just look forward and take on the next challenge.

All things being well you will be near ready to sit your next exam by the time your competent result comes back ;) FNST is really intense - I did budgeting as my next unit and found it was much easier going, not to mention very different to FNST. A change can be as good as a rest ! I've just sat Budgeting (on Wednesday) and I'm throwing myself in to FNPF next ...

Just remember fretting for six weeks won't get you very far (easier said than done admitedly !) . Although if you decide that your brain is fried after FNST and you need a break then sure - everyone needs to take a breather from time to time !

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.
  • sampson
    sampson Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Great advise thanks. I do actually feel really motivated to crack on with budgeting now, I've already ordered my books and I'll get an exam date arranged on Monday!!!

Yesterday was such an ordeal, I was the last person in the exam room trying to make those damn statements balance and I couldn't stop thinking about how I could have worded the answers better once I walked out of there. I must say in my defence I self studied for 5 weeks in total so probably could have done with another few weeks to be 100% prepared. But if i want to finish level 4 any time soon, I do need to be a bit more thick skinned and just move on to the next unit.

Thanks again.
  • Naz
    Naz Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi Sampson

I wouldn't worry about it and focus on the remaining units. Just like you I self-studied for Financial Statements and I didn't balance anything but still passed!

Good luck
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Sampson just wondering if you have received your result yet?
Privacy Policy