I'm not panic-buying, I'm just buying!

deanshepherd
deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I hope no-one else needs petrol today..

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I was just buying yesterday, luckily I got in before the queues started. My tiny tank won't last long though, in fact it will run out before the strike starts so I'll need to fill up again, not looking forward to that :-(
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I live in the countryside and our two local garages have no queues at all. However in the city where I work the garages are queued up heavily. Prices are a bit higher where I live than in the city but I really can't be bothered to queue!
    Regards,

Burg
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I needed to fill up today as car computer said only 18 miles left and gauge was nearly on empty!

Took 30 minutes to queue and some pumps already out of action. Luckily no restrictions on quantity allowed unlike my work colleagues.

Hope all of you that need fuel can get it without too much trouble.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I brimmed my car with fuel on Tuesday morning, which was the day after the ballot to strike was
    announced.

Feeling pretty smart now seeing the the news tonight.

Mark
  • deanshepherd
    I suspect that tank will be empty again by the time the strike starts!

All four petrol stations I passed on the way to work today were closed.. unless you wanted LPG!
  • paulstafford
    paulstafford Registered Posts: 126 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Have any dates for the strike been announced???

All part of the the negotiation tactics by the union. I'll be suprised if we have a strike.
  • mrb82
    mrb82 Registered Posts: 147 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    When the strikes do start, everyone will have full tanks so there won't be any queues!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I've got 400 miles in my tank. I've got to get to Gatwick next weekend (Amsterdam, woohoo) and get to work and back, and Mr Monsoon doesn't use his car much and he has a full tank, so I can use that if need be (Lotus Elise? Yes please!), so I'm trying not to panic even though my fuel tank isn't full.
  • Rachel
    Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Is it just me who thinks this is all a clever way to boost the economy and encourage buying before the end of the tax year?
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Rachel wrote: ยป
    Is it just me who thinks this is all a clever way to boost the economy and encourage buying before the end of the tax year?

Lol, you cynic you.
  • deanshepherd
    I spoke to a retailer yesterday and he said this panic buying (and any impending strike) costs them massively. Although they get a quick cashflow boost from all the buying, they lose a packet on other sales because they just want to get in and pay - they don't tend to buy all the other drinks, snacks etc.

Plus, now they are out of petrol, no-one comes into the shop and all their fresh goods which have been pre-ordered are getting binned every day. Nice.

I guess the only ones profiting are the oil companies, as usual..
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I've got 400 miles in my tank. I've got to get to Gatwick next weekend (Amsterdam, woohoo) and get to work and back, and Mr Monsoon doesn't use his car much and he has a full tank, so I can use that if need be (Lotus Elise? Yes please!), so I'm trying not to panic even though my fuel tank isn't full.

Lotus & Amsterdam, I'm jealous!

Luckily for me, I filled up the Land Rover with diesel the day before all this madness started..
Privacy Policy