Tips needed for Kashflow...

Options
mac1
mac1 Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

I've been given the job of ensuring a client's bank transactions since the beginning of 2009 have all been posted to this software in order for a bank reconciliation to be performed and am experiencing quite a few challenges...

The client has been posting the entries themselves - but has left out the "difficult" ones that were agreed to be posted by the accountant, who hasn't posted them and doesn't appear to have been checking that everything's been kept up to date.

Originally I'd checked from the statements to the "Bank" part (posting non-sales & purchase transactions) and thought I'd confirmed what had and hadn't been posted. And then I find out when I've navigated the system (that I hadn't used before) better, that the item(s) in fact had. I've been using the nominal ledger and audit (later gave up on because of the huge number of entries) reports. What the client appears to have done on the shop receipts paid by card for example, is posted the different items making up a payment separately according to category of expense. So, say £150 paid by card on the bank statement has been recorded as several different invoices and payments on the system. It's therefore very difficult to identify the different items that make up that £150 from the reports available on Kashflow.

Any ideas? Cheers

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Export them to excel, sort them by date and struggle through them?
    Group them via coloring and try to add a column where you add the amounts you matched with them and the amounts outstanding. (transaction - bank).

Not sure if it is the fastest or best way, but it's all I can think of for now.

It sounds like a very painful job for a lot of years though!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    mac1 wrote: »
    Any ideas? Cheers

Ditch Kashflow; it's horrible.

Sorry - not much help but the bottom line is your task is going to be laborious. Just start by reconciling the bank, start at the beginning, and keep going.

And quote a decent fee!
  • mac1
    mac1 Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Cheers guys! From what I've seen of Kashflow, for all its claims to simplicity, the 3 users haven't used it properly despite having it for over a year...

OTOH, I've heard nothing but good things about VT+ - met another accountant for the first time today who was full of praise for it.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    mac1 wrote: »
    Cheers guys! From what I've seen of Kashflow, for all its claims to simplicity, the 3 users haven't used it properly despite having it for over a year...

Funny you should say that.......... I'm completely the same!!!!
Privacy Policy