Project Nightmare Part 2

Options
Col Snaders
Col Snaders Registered Posts: 14 Regular contributor ⭐
After my initial meltdown at the prospect of starting my project I have completed about 1/2 of it and now I'm stuck (but thats not the issue).

It states you have 4 months to complete the project from the date you are given it. I got my project from the "Learn Plus" area on 15th March. I had a look today and my submission date is 15th June. Thats 3 months? :confused1:

I have my first "submission" with my tutor tomorrow as he keeps putting it off each week (he has never done this before) and the next week is 1/2 term so I won't be seeing him again before the deadline.

Arrrrrrgh.

Comments

• Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I started my ICAS on the 14th March, you have to submit your first draft via Learn Plus by that date... you actually have a year to complete and something like 3 or 4 submissions I think.

I know how you feel, I'm stuck on my project and I can never get hold of my tutor to talk it through with her. :(
  • Chelle
    Chelle Registered Posts: 163 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    A year?

We had 6 months for our final submission to be sent.

They can extend it a little if you ask.
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi

Your project can be extended under certain circumstances I believe. See this thread

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?34034-ICAS-Project-and-missed-deadline

Can you arrange to see another tutor?
    You need to let someone know that you are trying to do your first submission, and are nearing the deadline but cannot see your tutor, and then they can arrange to have it extended.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I understood that the project was completed over 12 weeks, perhaps this is what my college allow?
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I think it really depends on your study provider.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Jo Clark wrote: »
    I understood that the project was completed over 12 weeks, perhaps this is what my college allow?

Our college is allowing 16 weeks to complete but have advised to start doing over the summer if we are doing it on work base.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    After my initial meltdown at the prospect of starting my project I have completed about 1/2 of it and now I'm stuck (but thats not the issue).

It states you have 4 months to complete the project from the date you are given it. I got my project from the "Learn Plus" area on 15th March. I had a look today and my submission date is 15th June. Thats 3 months? :confused1:

I have my first "submission" with my tutor tomorrow as he keeps putting it off each week (he has never done this before) and the next week is 1/2 term so I won't be seeing him again before the deadline.

Arrrrrrgh.

AAT guideline on time allowed to complete the Icas Unit is up to 4 months

see that attached link

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?34034-ICAS-Project-and-missed-deadline&p=245465#post245465

I suspect you are completing your project at a FE college whose academic year ends any time between mid June and end of June.

Your tutor has given your project in Mid March and 12 weeks constant and consistent work on project is more then ample time to complete an Icas project.

Generally ICAS project should take anything between 45 to 60 hours to complete. At 60 hours and 12 weeks you need to spend on average 5 hours a week on your project.

If your tutor is good then under his/her supervision you should be able to do the ICAS project between 30 and 45 hours.

If your tutor is very busy and you need help to look at your project and guidence, I am quiet happy to do that for you. At least you will have a feedback from a different perspective and it may very well help you to complete your project within your time scale.

Just pm me your e-mail and I will respond so that we can comminucate by e-mail.
  • Chelle
    Chelle Registered Posts: 163 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    We started our projects through the college at the beginning of November and the end date was towards the end of May. I think there have only been 2 of us in the class that have actually adhered to this with it being completed and signed off.

To be honest, I was just so glad to get it done and out of the way as it felt like such a burden with all the other parts of studying that has to be done.

Good luck with it all.
  • Col Snaders
    Col Snaders Registered Posts: 14 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies.

My first submission went well. NOT.

My tutor had overlooked my project (I sent it to them via email a week before my initial post above). I was informed they would look at it and it would be ready for our next session (2 weeks away due to half term). I explained that I was stuck and could really do with some feedback so they told me they would look at it overnight and get back to me, this was last week. Guess what...........? Not happened. I have carried on just trying to finish it but I haven't had any help/feedback at all.

I understand that the report is my work, unaided etc....... But what is the point of a tutor if they aren't going to tutor?

I also mentioned the deadline on learn plus but I was told not to upload my project and they will "sort it".

I can't believe one piece of work has caused me so much stress.
Privacy Policy