Failed PEAF :-( Any more revision questions?

Options
sharumba
sharumba Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi everyone,

Gutted that i failed PEAF. One of the smallest modules in this level!!!

Are there any other revision tests/assesments that people know of?

cheers

Shaun

Comments

• MarkT
    MarkT Registered Posts: 302
    Options
    Hi Shaun,

Sorry to hear this - it really is not one of the easiest regardless of its size. I take it that you've been over the greenlight tests as well as the practice exams on MyAAT?

If you have been able to gain feedback as to where you dropped points, then it may help to focus on these areas to give you a higher chance on a re-sit.

If you use osborne books, then use their website as it does give some help too :001_smile:
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    What was the areas you failed on? Did you get a print out?
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • sharumba
    Options
    Yes got a printout:

Borderline:

1.7 Demonstrating integrity, honesty, fairness and sensitivity when working with clients, suppliers etc

Did not Meet:

1.2 Regulatory and ethical requirements
    1.3 Role of Professional Bodies
    1.4 Codes of Practice/Conduct
    1.8 Threats and safeguards and professional duties
    2.7 Unethical behaviour and breaches of codes of conduct/Guidelines.

I had done no end of revision tests, but obviously not enough.....

Shaun
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    kazzykilb wrote: »
    Have you got a second text book by another study provider. I had two, and some things were explained differently and possibly covered a little extra (or perhaps just in a different way).

This is a very good point, I find the Kaplan Books are generally very good for detail but Osborne are better books to read and understand as they are wirtten in completely different styles. Osborne's Workbook also helps to clarify many of the murky areas of this particularly horrible unit.

Good luck.
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    http://meadowgatetraining.co.uk/resources/aat+peaf+revision+review+questions.pdf

I used this in my revision... So not sure if it will help you in anyway.. Revisit the areas in which you didn't meet in the exam.
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • sharumba
    Options
    Thanks Everyone,

Yes must admit the questions weren't the usual ones i have been practising etc.

Unfortunately i only have the BPP Textbook which i'm sure other providers explain things differently.

I will print off the AAT ethics and have a look at the link sammy88

Shaun
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi Shaun

Sorry to hear of your fail, I studied using BPP and it wasn't the easiest. The AAT ethics is quite good but I also used the Osbourne e-learning site as it asks question in a different way:

http://www.osbornebooks.co.uk/professional_ethics2

Hope this may help.

Good luck in the resit

Jan
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi, we took this on Wednesday and, although I passed, I found it a lot harder than I'd expected. There were a few questions that we hadn't covered in class plus several from the AAT guidelines that we hadn't studied! I think if you read the questions carefully and try and think how AAT think you should be ok - that's what I did for the ones I hadn't covered and it must have helped.

I used greenlight, osborne plus the AAT practice assessments but the actual CBA was very different.

Good luck with your resit. I was really pleased to see the back of this one!
Privacy Policy