Scrolling in CBT's

Options
Whirlwind
Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
I know in some exams in level 3 there are pop up boxes for the additional information, but they would be useful in level 4 too!!

I sat FNPF this morning and lost way too much time scrolling. The page up and ctrl end functions don't work, so it was endless scrolling for me. I tried writing important bits down but the panic had set in so I couldnt read my handwriting!!

Please AAT can we have more pop up boxes or at least something similar!!

Comments

• WAD2001
    WAD2001 Registered Posts: 38 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Please complain to the AAT at cba@aat.org.uk

Our class all felt the same regarding this exam and are in the process of writing our concerns to the AAT
  • Whirlwind
    Options
    Thanks for that - brilliant idea!!

Further to comments on your thread about the FNPF, I think if you have completed the exam with plenty of time, rechecked your answers and not panicked - then of course you can think its not as bad as others experienced. But I lost so much time scrolling and fathoming the 000's.

My issue's are, if the AAT are providing pop up boxes for ITX (and wanted feedback as to how we found it) then they too must understand the problem's scrolling causes. Also, I had a brilliant calculator which separated the 000's but they are numbers we will/are rarely using. Yes, it just meant I had to be extra careful with how many there were, but this took time that was dear ... were the figures into millions really necessary.

Anyway, thank you for your post ... it made me feel less alone!!
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi Whirlwind,

Could you take a couple of minutes to share this feedback in the AAT student questionnaire please (in addition to emailing us)?

Thanks!
  • Whirlwind
    Options
    Hello,

I completed the survey yesterday.

I know if I fail this assignment it will be down to my panicking over variances and not to scrolling, but it did eat into a fair amount of time.

Thanks,
  • Whirlwind
    Options
    Well that will serve me right for moaning as I passed this!! Although my feedback shows that I only 'met' the first of the written tasks and 'borderline' with the second. I still feel if I could have spent the time used scrolling better in the second written task by actually writing.

I got 1 DNM (statistical techniques), 1 B (2nd written), 1 M (1st written) and 7 E - so well chuffed!!
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Well done!! I have mine next month! Eaks!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • Whirlwind
    Options
    Just please manage your time in the exam better than I did!! Spent way too long on the first written question and way too little on the second.

All the very best ... don't forget if I passed (almost hyperventilating with most of the questions) it is possible!!
Privacy Policy