Paper 64-8 Forms

T.C.
T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Anyone know how long paper 64-8 forms are taking HMRC to process. I sent off two about 4 weeks ago and still nothing. (And before you ask I couldn't do the authorisation online because they had no UTR numbers). Thanks.

Comments

Newbie Registered Posts: 229 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    in absence of a UTR it takes ages im afraid.
  • T.C.
    That's what I was afraid of! :mad2:
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    i sent one off ages ago with a UTR (although I'm not 100% it was a correct UTR as the online auth failed) and it's not been processed yet either :( I'm sure it was July I sent it but will check when I get home
  • Fingersan
    Fingersan Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor ⭐
    I have recently been waiting between 6-8 weeks for them to be processed.
  • T.C.
    Well that wouldn't be too bad, I have already been waiting about 4! Thanks.
  • ACServices
    ACServices Registered Posts: 7 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi,

I sent a letter to HMRC, Cardiff on 12 August requesting clients UTr number with a copy of the 64-8 in it. Then sent the original 64-8 off seperatley. 23rd August had a letter back from HMRC advising of clients utr number and also that they would update there records accordingly.

Maybe worth going down that route.

Regards,

Andy
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    It is worth ringing them up. I've had problems lately and for some reason they were on the system but didn't seem to show up on my screen - they were there later the same day!

I've also had problems removing clients, but that still isn't fixed :-(
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • T.C.
    grrrr... just chased HMRC. Clients are showing as 64-8s in place, but nothing else. They are not on my online list because no utrs have been requested yet. They will request those now and they should be with me around the 19th October!!! Unbelievable! :mad2:
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Why has no UTR been requested? Were notification forms not submitted at the same time?
  • T.C.
    Yes, they were requested, but somehow the two go to different places and nothing happened...............??????????
  • Anne Boleyn
    Anne Boleyn Registered Posts: 196 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi

My 64-8s are usually on my list within a fortnight. I've never had to wait 6-8 weeks.

Regards
Privacy Policy