Icas

marinaweg
marinaweg Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
I am getting completely confused as to who marks the ICAS project. I was told to upload half draft and full draft to my local college and wait for feed back, which I did not get much off, then I was told to upload it to the aat Website for first upload and was told this would result in a non competent status! The college I have been told will IV it in January? Does this mean that my college will decide that I am competent and not the AAT? Anybody had this happen to them?

Comments

• aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Hi Marina,

Yes your college will decide on whether you are competent or not, AAT have no say in the marking of the ICAS
    project. Different colleges have different procedures so if your college says your first submission will not be
    competent then don't worry about it, as some do make you upload a few times before getting the competent
    mark. Once your college has given you the competent mark, they will pass on your project to the IV who will verify
    your project mark. Then after validating your mark, you will see the competent in your learning plus section, then
    in your assessment results section.

Hope this helps

Have a very merry christmas and happy new year! :)

Aaron
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • marinaweg
    marinaweg Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    thanks Aaron, my tutor said I was competent and should upload it to the AAT! So what is the point in doing that before Iving it? I am just glad it is all over!!!!! Did you carry on studying for CIMA or any other chartered accountancy qualification?
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    No worries Marina :)
    It's a bit like your spreadsheets exam from level 3, you still need to go through the AAT process even though they
    do not mark. Maybe a few reasons are to show AAT that you have completed the ICAS project in the given time
    period, also maybe the IV verifies your project through your submission online.

I'm still on level 4! But I will defo be carrying onto a chartered accountancy qualification most likely ACCA.

Have you completed level 4 now? Are you carrying onto a chartered qualification?
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
Privacy Policy