Motivation

Options
katiewh1607
katiewh1607 Registered Posts: 11 Regular contributor ⭐
Ah! Can't seem to stay motivated to get any work done! When I get to a bit that I struggle with I find it really hard to power through - any tips?! Going to take me forever to get level 3 done if I carry on like this!! x

Comments

• topcat
    topcat Registered Posts: 452
    Options
    Ah! Can't seem to stay motivated to get any work done! When I get to a bit that I struggle with I find it really hard to power through - any tips?! Going to take me forever to get level 3 done if I carry on like this!! x

Hi there

watch

then

guarantee you will then be motivated !
  • Vlee
    Vlee Registered Posts: 136 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I was thinking of booking an exam to give me the motivation, or is that a bad idea?

The best thing is just do it - do it in little bits if necessary, so do 15 minutes and see how much you get through and you may want to carry on. Do it while you are normally just waiting around - for the kettle to boil, reading while on the bus or train, while cooking dinner. Get into a habit of reading before bed or during lunch so it becomes routine.

Well I hope those things work for me as they do help with the house work!
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Vlee wrote: »
    I was thinking of booking an exam to give me the motivation, or is that a bad idea?

I was thinking exactely the same for my next exam... the date is set and something to work towards... I know I can change the date of my exam (although there would be a certain amount of notice required and an admin charge - possibly the same for you?)
    The best thing is just do it - do it in little bits if necessary, so do 15 minutes and see how much you get through and you may want to carry on. Do it while you are normally just waiting around - for the kettle to boil, reading while on the bus or train, while cooking dinner. Get into a habit of reading before bed or during lunch so it becomes routine.

Well I hope those things work for me as they do help with the house work!

I would love to be able to read on the bus or train but as I drive to work this is not possible. I personally find lunch breaks are not long enough for me to really get into the right frame of mind... but all these suggestions are fantastic and worth considering/trying. If you are studying for several hours, make sure for every hour you have a 15/20 minute break otherwise you will overload yourself and won't take anything in.

You will find something which works for you :)

Good luck :o

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Vlee
    Vlee Registered Posts: 136 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I'm glad the exam booking isn't a bad idea, I'm going with that then!

Yep everyone has different circumstances and preferences, my husband listens to audiobooks on his drive to work, I don't think that would work with ATT. My biggest motivator is my children - not for the reason you might think, but because being at home can be very mind numbing. AAT has been more of a hobby so far, like doing maths puzzles for fun, it's reengaging my brain and a bit of an escape. I'm not sure I will be saying that a few months down the line however. I will be booking days to spent in the library away from distractions and just forcing myself to do it.
  • Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    My biggest motivator is my children - not for the reason you might think, but because being at home can be very mind numbing. AAT has been more of a hobby so far, like doing maths puzzles for fun, it's reengaging my brain and a bit of an escape. I'm not sure I will be saying that a few months down the line however. I will be booking days to spent in the library away from distractions and just forcing myself to do it.

^^^^^^^^^My reasons exactly! I couldn't have put it better myself!

Granted I am on maternity leave and really need to get out more!

Though a year down the line, I am just experiencing my first frustration at having to study. I have 3 ACCA exams next week so my husband has taken a few days off work to look after our daughters and he has so many fun things planned for them that for the first time since I started this accountancy journey, I am actually resenting studying this week :mad2:
  • Kelly7
    Kelly7 Registered Posts: 218 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi

I have found thinking I'm going to just do an hour and stop after that can be good or having something to look forward to once you've finished doing so long or doing a mock paper.

I also find that turning my phone off can help, so easily distracted by a text or checking facebook / twitter and I can find half hour has gone by and I've done nothing.

Good luck.

Kelly
Privacy Policy