self studying level 3 - projects

Options
caroline23
caroline23 Registered Posts: 53 Epic contributor 🐘
im hoping to study level 3 by just buying the books and sitting exams as external candiate at my local centre like i did for level 2, can anyone tell me what i would need to do for the assesments which are projects rather than the CBA?

Comments

• Vlee
    Vlee Registered Posts: 136 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hello

At the moment level 3 is all CBA except spreadsheets which is marked by an actual person. I've not got to this bit yet but planned to buy and sit the module with a distance provider. It's quite a bit more expensive but others may have better advice.

The syllabus is changing in September for people who haven't started yet (if you start now you have until December 2014 to finish the current syllabus).I'm not sure how it will be changed but I think I read something about PEAF becoming a project - anyone know? I was thinking of sitting that exam first.
  • Vlee
    Vlee Registered Posts: 136 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    http://www.bpp.com/delegate/r/content/aat_newsyllabus_faqs_042013.pdf

I found this which explains the changes a bit more.
  • steve2008
    steve2008 Registered Posts: 89 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    My local exam center gives the option of marking only, which cost me around £70 on top of the exam fee for the spreadsheets module.
    If you have started lvl 3 before September you can continue it under the old format as long as you are done by Dec 2014.

Cash management is being removed from level 3 and peaf is becoming a project, so the costs for level 3 via self study are going to be similar.
  • caroline23
    Options
    Thanks for replies, so for projects would i have to buy the module from e.g. kaplan and they would mark it?

Steve2008 - what is your local centre? I have a kaplan and a BPP near-ish me. Also how do you get the project do i have to send off for it or something?

Many thanks!
  • steve2008
    steve2008 Registered Posts: 89 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    It's a small independent one in Exeter.
    It's not really a project per say, you only get given the contents at the start of the 2.5 hour exam, I think there was 15 mins reading time before it too. The only difference is a person marks it.

Yes, if you buy the whole module from Kaplan, they would mark it. I assume the marking fee is included in the course price.
  • Kris1990
    Kris1990 Registered Posts: 52 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    If it helps, you can sit the Spreadsheets exam/project in work. If your working and can find someone to invigilate you, your training provider should let you sit it in work. It's a lot easier if works closer than the exam centre.
  • caroline23
    Options
    thanks for the replies!

Ahh i thought it was like coursework or something! I was just wondering as i am buying my level 3 books to self study and didn't want to buy the books for project module if i was going to have to buy the module from a learning provider and the books would come with it

Unfortunately i am self studying while looking for an intro job - seems rather hard! so atm i am getting office experience

i have had a look on the new system for sept - if i start now (i was thinking of taking ap1&2 before sept so i am "on" the old system) how many projects are on the old system? as i want to do as many CBA as possible as i find them easier?
Privacy Policy