What jobs will I be qualified to perform after completing AAT Level 2?

AAT
AAT Administrator, Tutor Posts: 102 🤖 Admin 🤖
edited February 2015 in Where can AAT take me?
Jobs you can perform after completing AAT Level 2 may have an administrative emphasis, and will also allow you to make use of the basic accounting skills you've learned during your studies.

Roles you might want to consider applying for include:
  • Finance Assistant
  • Bookkeeper
  • Accounts Administrator
  • Payroll Administrator
  • Data entry
  • Purchase/Sales Ledger Clerk
Competition will be tough, so don't assume your AAT Level 2 qualification alone will be enough to let you walk into a job. You'll need to make sure your application illustrates any real-world experience you've already gained, whether in the finance industry or not.

What transferable skills do you have which would be of benefit to an employer? What extra-curricular activities have you carried out that demonstrate your worth as a reliable, responsible team-player?

For more valuable tips on making your job application the best it can be, check out some of the links under More information/resources, below. Also, read the advice in the thread 'How do I make my AAT apprenticeship application stand out?' - you might not be going for an apprenticeship, but a lot of the same rules apply in terms of demonstrating your suitability for a role.

Don't forget to make the most of the experience and knowledge in the AAT discussion forums. Search for conversations featuring people in the same situation as you - you'll find some in the AAT Level 2 sub-forum.

Next steps

Would you like to learn more about AAT?

f94onqhx1g.png

yhr0skqoyt.png

q4i861j5v8.png

nqygpazywl.png

More information/resources
  • AAT career coach: 'How do I use the "Interests and Other Activities" section of my CV to sell myself?' / 'How do I make my AAT Level 2 Qualification more appealing if I don't have accounting experience?':
This discussion has been closed.
Privacy Policy