Difference between 2010 and 2013 modules.

zaf1987
zaf1987 Registered Posts: 124 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
I was just wondering how different are they as i need to buy books (used) but can only grt 2010 ones. Would they prepare me well forvlevel 2013 modules. Also the past exan papers on aat site. For 2013 there is only one. Would doing one of the 2010 samples help or are they too different.

Thanks zaf

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Zaf

Have you sat any of the level 4 exams yet? If so, I think you have until December 2014 to complete the level you are on under the 2010 standards, otherwise you need to study under 2013.

Unfortunately, I do not know how significant the changes are to the mandatory modules. If you decide to sit the tax optional papers you will need to ensure you purchase the correct text relating to the relevant Finance Act depending when you sit the exam. I understand that FA13 will be examinable by AAT from January 2014.

Do you know what order/do you have a preferred order in which you will complete level 4?

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    Now here's a funny thing...I've literally just registered for Level 4 with Premier, and part of their quick-start guide says to call AAT if you've sat other levels on AQ2010 to make sure you're switched over to 2013. So I rang AAT and said that, they said - either pathway is open to you, it's up to you to speak to your exam centre to make sure you're sitting the right exams.

I was under the impression that if you were starting a new level post-September that you would HAVE to go on to AQ2013...anyone shed any light?
Privacy Policy