Budgeting CBA (written element)

Options
Peter Fellows
Peter Fellows Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
Had my CBA yesterday, whilst I felt I did very well at the formula / pro-forma parts of the exam (I know I got at least 90% on this part, perhaps 95%), I struggled a bit with the written elements. Whilst I thought I understood the general jist of what they were asking, I don't think my responses were particularly thorough as they could have been and may have missed quite a few pointers, particularly with the second written question (the last one in the test).

I didn't have time to work out what proportion of the total marks the written part was, perhaps 30%? I also don't know much about the marking criteria either and it's rather frustrating having to wait 6 weeks for the results.

How have others found it?

Comments

• mrderek88
    mrderek88 Registered Posts: 44 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Peter

I too had the same feelings once I came out of my budgeting exam. I really underestimated how much the two written parts count towards the overall grade. Unfortuntely, I failed the exam the first time and have recently done my re-sit. When I got feedback re the first exam, it was the written question in Section 2 which was my worst one. I passed the question in Section 1 but didnt do so well on the Section 2 question. Unfortuately for me, you have to pass both parts (with 70%!!) not just one Hopefully my re-sit was better - I felt I handled it better than the first attempt. Just waiting to hear back now... roll on 28th Nov!

Good luck!

Derek
  • Peter Fellows
    Peter Fellows Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thanks Derek,

Did you do the previous syllabus? There was only one section on this CBA and the written sections were placed within. We weren't told that a 70% mark was required for both the written and formulae-based parts, perhaps it applies to the old syllabus.
  • mrderek88
    mrderek88 Registered Posts: 44 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Peter

Yes, Im still on the 2010 syllabus. Sorry, I forgot that it changed. I have two sections, both with a written question. The new syllabus sounds better if it's only got one!
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    One section, but 2 written tasks. Not a lot of difference in the content between the two.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    One section, but 2 written tasks. Not a lot of difference in the content between the two.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy