PETH

Options
scottwhitto
scottwhitto Registered Posts: 13 Regular contributor ⭐
HI All,

This weekend ive found out ive failed my first exam :( (boohoo)

It was the Professional Ethics exam for AQ2013.

I really struggled on this as Theory was never my strong point.

I wont get down and upset over it though and i soldier on to my CSTR exam on Friday!

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on this exam or for theory based exams in general?

Thanks,

Scott.

Comments

• ChristianB
    ChristianB Registered Posts: 197 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    HI All,

This weekend ive found out ive failed my first exam :( (boohoo)

It was the Professional Ethics exam for AQ2013.

I really struggled on this as Theory was never my strong point.

I wont get down and upset over it though and i soldier on to my CSTR exam on Friday!

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on this exam or for theory based exams in general?

Thanks,

Scott.

Hi Scott

A user on our Facebook page wanted to offer her advice but we have registration problems at the moment, so we're going to post her response instead.

"Revision Tips:

1. make lots of MindMaps or FactSheets, one on each main topic (such as Sustainability, MoneyLaundering, OperationalRisk, ClientsMonies, ProfessionalBodies names, and of course one for the five EthicalPrinciples & the Threats&Safeguards and ConflictResolutionProcess).
    2. download & tick off the Study Guide from the AAT website, which lists the areas which the 9 exam tasks cover. Note the large appendix in the newest version of the study guide, which gives further guidance on what to learn for MoneyLaundering and ClientsMonies.
    3. download & read the full AAT Code Of Ethics, newest version took effect January 2014.
    4. dry theory not my strongpoint either, don't think it's anybody's really, so make it practical by getting your hands on as many Q&A as you can possibly make time for, such as from the various publishers. Look at the suggested answers in these and the AAT's own practice assessment to get a feel for how much detail you need to write, and a feel for what issues were being looked for when particular questions were asked (it's easy to get the wrong end of the stick sometimes).
    5. if possible, have a study buddy to revise with, as this helps to keep up the momentum."

The user is called Janine Twelftree and you can find her in this thread on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/youraat/posts/811073962255336?stream_ref=10

Many thanks
    I have now left AAT. If you require any assistance with the forums, please contact membership support: https://www.aat.org.uk/contact-us
Privacy Policy