My CV personal profile, need some advise and needs shortening?

George Tse
George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hello

Starting to job hunt again and looking at my personal profile it seems a little too long. So need some advise on how to shorten it. Here it is

"A highly motivated and adaptable individual with excellent qualifications and work experience. Ambitious and looking forward to playing a vital role in financial decision-making and adding significant value to a business. A high performing individual, demonstrating drive, enthusiasm and initiative, with the ability to work well under pressure, consistently delivering quickly and accurately and able to prioritise to ensure deadlines are met whilst maintaining a high standard of analysis and insight.

Presently looking to pursue a career in accounting and join a company that offers long term career prospects and also an opportunity to study towards a Chartered membership."

Thanks

Gentle

Comments

• Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Gentle

first of all Personally, I would remove '~~Presently looking to pursue a career in accounting and join a company that offers long term career prospects and also an opportunity to study towards a Chartered membership
    You could cover this in interview. Also what happens if job is only short term? All depends if your currently in employment or not.

snipping at the rest
    ~~"A highly motivated and adaptable individual with excellent qualifications and work experience
    Your CV will show them this

The rest looks good, but can you back it up?
    I only ask, as if I was an employer I would highlight this.

Im not picking fault, it actually looks good.
  • George Tse
    Diddy Mau wrote: »
    Hi Gentle

first of all Personally, I would remove '~~Presently looking to pursue a career in accounting and join a company that offers long term career prospects and also an opportunity to study towards a Chartered membership
    You could cover this in interview. Also what happens if job is only short term? All depends if your currently in employment or not.

snipping at the rest
    ~~"A highly motivated and adaptable individual with excellent qualifications and work experience
    Your CV will show them this

The rest looks good, but can you back it up?
    I only ask, as if I was an employer I would highlight this.

Im not picking fault, it actually looks good.

Hi Diddy

Thanks for the input now i have shorted it a little.

I guess talking about meting deadlines in my previous roles will back up most of what im trying to convey in my personal profile. I am working on answers to the 20 most asked interview questions too so i have a rough idea of what I have to say to similar question. Do you think thats a good idea to rehearse answers ?

Heres my personal profile now.

A highly motivated ambitious individual looking forward to playing a vital role in financial decision-making and adding significant value to a business. A high performing individual, demonstrating drive, enthusiasm and initiative, with the ability to work well under pressure, consistently delivering quickly and accurately and able to prioritise to ensure deadlines are met whilst maintaining a high standard of analysis and insight.

Thanks

Gentle
  • Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Looks good to me :thumbup1:
    Being prepared is good, rehearse to a point, yes. You don't want to answer like a mundane way, but more you've thought about it and here is my answer......Its the unexpected questions that will throw you, if your unlucky enough to get one.
    I had once, how would work colleagues describe you. I was erm??? (panic inside)
  • George Tse
    Diddy Mau wrote: »
    Looks good to me :thumbup1:
    Being prepared is good, rehearse to a point, yes. You don't want to answer like a mundane way, but more you've thought about it and here is my answer......Its the unexpected questions that will throw you, if your unlucky enough to get one.
    I had once, how would work colleagues describe you. I was erm??? (panic inside)

Thanks. I still think i can improve my personal profile a little more as its the first thing an employer will look at. Man its been so long since ive been to an interview and being unemployed for a long time is making me kinda nervous even though I have not secured anything right now and that I'm still applying ...... lol
Privacy Policy