Struggling with personal tax

Options
I've just found out that I've failed personal tax for the 3rd time! The last two times I had been pretty confident, so I was very disappointed.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Or is anyone else in a similar situation and finding this exam a pain?

Thank you

Comments

• Kevinpap
    Kevinpap Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi Sarah, what text books are you studying from? I failed this exam the first time after studying with Osborn text books. I then started studying with BPP text books and passed the second time round. I found the BPP books so much easier to understand!
  • sarah29
    sarah29 Registered Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Kevin,

I'm studying with Osborne at the moment, and it does get quite confusing!
    Thank you for that piece of advice, that's really helpful! It may be worth me getting a new text book as I've done the practice questions so much that I'm starting to remember them!!
    Thanks again!
  • Kevinpap
    Kevinpap Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    No worries. Really hope it helps! Best of luck!!
  • david75
    david75 Registered Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Sarah
    You're not alone. I've failed for the second time on this module. I've passed very other module first time for three years and this was the last one I had to take. I've found it so different to the other exams due to the sheer number of elements you need to remember.
    I'll give the BPP text book a go as well and see if it's third time lucky.
    Good luck with your next re-take.
  • sarah29
    Options
    Hi David, I feel exactly the same that there is soo much to remember! Ive ordered the book and it's due to come next week! Good luck to you as well and hopefully third time lucky!
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

Are there any parts in particular you are struggling with? I took this exam about 1 and a half months ago so its still relatively fresh in my hand if you need a hand with anything!
  • sarah29
    Options
    Hi Amy,

Thank you for your message, but I don't think it's anything in particular. It's just the vast amount of information that I have to remember!
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel Sarah. I managed to pass this the 5th time i took it. Nothing seemed to be sinking in. So I took each section from the exam that i failed/struggled on and made sure that I was confident on them parts :-) Hang in there!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • michellelawler1974
    michellelawler1974 Registered Posts: 2
    Options
    I have also failed twice and find that the standars are so much higher than the 2010 ones and there should be more practice exams on the AAT website as there is only 1.
Privacy Policy