Exam kept crashing

Lou1234
Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
All the AAT exams I have sat have been under the old standards so were paper based.

I sat Financial Statements yesterday which was my first computer based exam.

It crashed 5 times in the first hour. Is this common with AAT computer based exams or was I just unlucky?

Comments

• ChristianB
    ChristianB Registered Posts: 197 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi @Lou1234

It isn't a common error; we want assessments to be as easy as possible.

An issue like that would imply to me that the computer you were using had hardware/software faults, but there are thousands of reasons why it might have happened.

My advice to you would be to contact membership support and inform them of the problems you were experiencing in as much detail as possible. We can then check for bugs in the assessments at our end and, if need be, contact your assessment centre to see if this is an ongoing issue.

Regards
    I have now left AAT. If you require any assistance with the forums, please contact membership support: https://www.aat.org.uk/contact-us
  • wabisabi
    wabisabi Registered Posts: 130 Epic contributor 🐘
    I think that if it was common many more people would be complaining about it. I would have made the examining centre aware of it in the first instance as it may well have been local issue with the PC, network or internet connection.
  • Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    I had one exam which had issues. My computer locked out and after about 30mins of the invigilator going backwards and forwards trying to sort it out, I got back in but had lost some of the answers, so needed to redo them. I'm very laid back so just got on with it, but it could have really affected the performance of someone who worries about exams or was finding the exam itself difficult.

The exam timer did stop whilst I was offline but I did lose time as I had to redo quite a big chunk of the exam. I didn't officially complain as it was either a level 3 exam and I knew I'd passed straight away or it was level 4 and I was happy that it hadn't affected my mark.
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Thank you all for your replies.

I just wanted to find out more as like I said, it was my first computer based exam.

If I have failed and do decide to resit level 4 I won't let my one experience put me off.
Privacy Policy