Job Opportunities after AAT Level 3

RGupta
RGupta Registered Posts: 6
I have recently completed the AAT Level 3 qualification . I would like to do part time job but do not have any UK work experience. Can anyone advice if I should initially do some voluntary work experience and then look for job. Any suggestions as to how I can proceed from here.

Comments

• hkaur92
    hkaur92 Registered Posts: 28
    Hi @RGupta

Personally if you haven't had work experience in the UK before, I would probably look for voluntary work which will add experience and adds a bonus to your CV. I used to work voluntarily at Citizens of Advice Bureau where I did a lot of admin work but you can progress your role to a Finance role such as a debt administrator. Credit Union bank also offers finance voluntary roles, if you are interested in volunteering, take a look at do-it.org.uk and you'll be able to find which organizations are offering voluntary roles in your area. After this, there's a better advantage in searching for your career goal.

Hope this helps :smile:
  • RGupta
    RGupta Registered Posts: 6
    Hi hkaur92
    Thanks a lot for your advice. I will have a look at the website as suggested.
  • paul1
    paul1 Registered Posts: 1
    Hello
    Does any body know if the AAT level 2 and 3 are equivalent of having GCSE English. I need to know this as I have lost my GCSE English certificate and only have my level 2 and 3 AAT certificates. I need to show I have GCSE English or equivalent for a job interview. Does AAT level 2 and 3 show that GCSE English is part of the AAT course.

Any help would be much appreciated. The job is for the HMRC.
  • CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    Level 2 is academically equivalent to GCSE standard, but I can't see that they will accept AAT as proof specifically of an English GCSE...
  • richf
    richf Registered Posts: 86 New contributor 🐸
    Nice tip @hkaur92 on do-it.org.uk.

I've heard lots of tips of do voluntary work to gain experience, but not seen a site like that.
Privacy Policy