Software Fees

Options
Good Morning, I wonder if anyone can help, I have recently obtained my practicing certificate and am planning to do a bit along side my full time Accountants job. I have spoken to Clear Books who have said their actual software is free however you pay per client/licence. Can anyone tell me how they work this into their own fees to the client or if there is an alternative way of doing things - being all new to this.

many thanks

Comments

• Donna Curling
    Donna Curling Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I used Quickfile, it is free for one company, one email address registration so brilliant for small companies - you can also subscribe to their quickfile affinity so multi emails and companies etc, you pay per usage, ends up less than a £10 each month and I have a few companies on there
    Donna Curling - AAT Tutor
    www.completebookkeeping.co.uk
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    I'm a user of Clearbooks. They have several offerings but the most popular for us are. Cashbook at £4 + VAT per month. A simple cashbook version. We offer this for free to Limited Companies but have considered introducing it to everyone and encouraging it as it saves a lot of time.
    Then their full package which is £10 + VAT per month. We offer this to clients at cost on the basis of the improved accounting and we can easily help them remotely.

My only thing with Clearbooks would be the time saving advantage of it over say Sage or VTT+ or spreadhseets is the bank import option. Simply download bank entries from online banking and explain. Means no bank rec if this method is the only method used (apart from cash payments) and is very quick and easy to do.

Xero, Freeagent and others have similar software but personally Clearbooks offers the best bvalue for money.
    Regards,

Burg
  • LouiseRichardson
    LouiseRichardson Registered Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you thats really useful
  • idbtao
    idbtao Registered Posts: 1
    Options
    We offer this for free to Limited Companies but have considered introducing it to everyone and encouraging it as it saves a lot of time.
    Then their full package which is £10 + VAT per month. We offer this to clients at cost on the basis of the improved accounting and we can easily help them remotely.??